Boost Nutritional Energy Drink High Protein Chocolate
1.5
  • I'm not sure there's a woman alive who doesn't have at least some small problem with the way she looks
  • I have to admit that my change would be the lovely dimpled thighs that I could definitely do without
  • While I was feeling particularly low AND lazy one day, I decided to try Boost Nutritional Energy Drink High Protein Chocolate flavor
  • It cost about $10 for a six pack, but occassionally you can find them on sale for a few dollars off
  • But, for general weight loss and energy, I just wasn't impressed in the least

• by Nikki Hanna

I’m not sure there’s a woman alive who doesn’t have at least some small problem with the way she looks. Granted, she may look completely fine to the rest of us, but we all nitpick about our own appearance and there’s always something we’d change about ourselves. I have to admit that my change would be the lovely dimpled thighs that I could definitely do without. And, because I’ll also admit I’m inherently lazy, I’m always looking for an easy way to get rid of those dimples, and all those great energy drinks and diet drinks and bars and shakes at the grocery store always look like such an easy alternative to actually working at weight loss. While I was feeling particularly low AND lazy one day, I decided to try Boost Nutritional Energy Drink High Protein Chocolate flavor. It cost about $10 for a six pack, but occassionally

you can find them on sale for a few dollars off. I definitely suggest, right off the bat, that if you are interested in this product, then try to get it when it’s on sale because I just don’t know if it’s worth it otherwise. And, if you have a considerable amount of weight to lose, avoid it all together because you wont see a marked or long term improvement at all.

I took Boost for about four weeks straight, and though I noticed improvement the first week, it was a stall after that. I even followed the instructions on the little pamphlet you can get with it that suggests meals and exercise plans to accomodate the energy drink. First off, there’s no “energy” about this drink. This drink is supposed to help build endurance and maintain muscle mass, so I was visiting the local gym every morning for ...

• two hours doing both weight lifting and muscle training as well as cardio workouts. And, I was feeling just as listless and tired drinking Boost as I was when I wasn’t drinking it.

Also, it doesn’t exactly taste all that great. The chocolate flavor is misleading because we all see “chocolate” and think it’s gotta be good because anything chocolate is always good. But not so in this case. Now, that’s not to say it’s bad, persay, just that its not good. It’s like drinking a medicinal kind of drink that a doctor would prescribe to a young child, and it’s chocolate flavor to try to “trick” the child into believe it’s not a good-for-you drink. There’s really no other way to describe it. Yes, it did taste like chocolate on some level, but it was just bland and not all together filling.

There IS a high level of

protein, at 15g, which is nice, but there’s also double that amount in carbs, which is NOT good, even though the drink is glucose free. 27 of the 34g of carbs comes directly from sugar. And it’s also a small bottle at 240 calories. Not optimal for weight loss, if you ask me, especially considering it’s not really a meal replacement because you’re still hungry afterwards.

Now, this might be a great product for someone who is already fit enough and just wants to do weight training to build muscle mass. These guys (and women) can practically eat whatever they want because their bodies are so accustomed that they automatically convert food, any food, to muscle mass, and boost will help keep that mass. But, for general weight loss and energy, I just wasn’t impressed in the least. Week one showed a loss of a couple pounds, but beyond that, it was useless.

m drank 5 m payne says :

I drank 5boosts a day and walked 5 miles a day, years ago, to lose weight before my wedding, lost the weight , got back to my high school weight of 145. Fast forward to today, divorced, and more wieght, losing again with Boost

Jennifer Davis says :

I like boost too and it has been a great help in my weightloss goals. However, I do recommend that people drinking boost ensure that they are drinking at least the same amount of water as they are boost other wise they will make you dehydrated and jittery….at least they did me. I prefer to drink a glass of water or two between each boost to ensure that I am getting enough water.

Grecy says :

I drink Boost because it is an energy drink. It is perfect for me that it is an energy drink and that is it chocolate but the chocolate taste is having this medicinal taste. It is like chocolate and you put some kiddie syrup in it as the sugar. When I drink it, I feel ill. I am tasting it like the taste of Moo Chocolate drinks now.

Unfortunately, Boost did not work for me effectively. It is maybe because I did not think of it as an energy drink but a chocolate drink with unpleasant taste to me. I do not remember it boost me or made a big change compare to other energy drink because it is just a simple chocolate drink for me. Sorry, just an honest story from me. Maybe it works on other people and good for them anyway.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34709826620830/k2311a097/9.7.09