Sweet and Sour Kidneys recipe  » Recipes  »
  • You see, the best way to enjoy life is to eat good food
  • As a cook myself, I definitely agree as I am a living proof myself
  • I have to say it is more likely to call it different or interesting

• by patofgold23

It sure is great to try something new once in a while. I don’t know with some, but most are very reluctant to try new recipes. Little do they know, is that they are missing out on some of the great food in their lifetime. You see, the best way to enjoy life is to eat good food. As a cook myself, I definitely agree as I am a living proof myself. I have tried all the great food there is, and I must say I truly enjoy life to the fullest.

Don’t say this one is weird. I have

to say it is more likely to call it different or interesting. I am talking about Sweet and Sour Kidney Recipe. Oh, you have no idea how you’re going to love this!

You got to try it though to find out. To make Sweet and Sour Kidney, you need the following: 4 pairs of pork kidney, a tablespoon of rock salt, 2 stalks of leeks (in 1” per piece), 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, 2 tablespoons of rice wine, 2 cloves of garlic (crushed), ¼ cup of soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of vinegar, 1/3 cups of ...

• water, a tablespoon of cornstarch (dispersed in water), sesame oil and 1 piece jellyfish (this one is optional though). These ingredients are very easy to find in local wet markets so don’t worry about not getting everything you need.

To start, cut the kidneys in half, and remove the white membranes. Score the outer side of the kidneys and cut them into pieces. Let the sliced kidneys soak in salt for about 10 minutes, and rinse them with clean water. Then, cook them in boiling water for a minute, soak in cold water, then drain. You can now set them

aside.

Prepare a pan, and heat. When the oil is hot, sauté the leeks and kidneys. Stir in the rice wine, and cook for a minute more. Set them aside.

Brown the crushed garlic in oil, then add the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and water. Drop the jelly fish (I have to remind you this is optional, if you don’t have it, then your recipe would do just fine!), and cook for 5 minutes more. Thicken them with cornstarch, then add the sautéed kidneys. Flavour them with sesame oil.

That’s it… a very interesting dish to serve on the table. Very much worth the try!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49709826290830/k2311a097/9.7.09