TJ Maxx
50383 Waterside Dr., Chesterfield MI
  • Even the, she would go on and on about the great prices, the fantastic deals, the wonderful products and name-brand clothing and shoes you could find at half the cost
  • So, yeah, the prices in comparison to the product is always a great thing with TJ Maxx, but there was one thing about this location that I was a little disappointed in

• by Nikki Hanna

I remember the good ol’ days when I was just a little girl and my mother would take me and my three sisters shopping at TJ Maxx. Even the, she would go on and on about the great prices, the fantastic deals, the wonderful products and name-brand clothing and shoes you could find at half the cost. It had been a really long time since I had been inside a TJ Maxx and I had, quite frankly, forgotten all about those trips with my mother. That is, until a TJ Maxx opened up a little more than a year ago just five minutes from my house. I couldn’t have been more excited and all those youthful memories came flooding back to me.

What was truly wonderful about revisitng TJ Maxx after all these years is that the store was exactly as I remembered it. Sure, they have nicer registers, sharper looking floors, and their fixtures and display stands are all top of the line and

totally standard for today, but the store itself and the feelings it evokes and that fantastic “I’m going to find a treasure today” sensation that over takes you when you step through the doors was all exactly as I had imagined it would be.

I was at work one day, and a woman came in with this adorable purse. I asked her where she got it and she told me TJ Maxx, so that afternoon, as soon as I got off work, I drove down the street and went to the new TJ Maxx for the first time since it had opened. And there was that beautiful purse. The great thing was that it was a Liz Claibourne purse and it was only $11. I had to recheck the price tag a few dozen times to make sure I wasn’t seeing things, but sure enough, there it was. As I looked through the rest of the store, I was bowled over by the name-brand tags I ...

• was seeing and the prices attached to them. I guess they have some deal directly with designers so that they can get this great merchandise and be able to buy it in bulk so they can mark it down and give the shoppers a lot of savings. However they do it, it works.

So, yeah, the prices in comparison to the product is always a great thing with TJ Maxx, but there was one thing about this location that I was a little disappointed in. They have a rather large housewares section and a place for bedding, kitchenware, etc, but this department is ALWAYS a complete mess any time I go into this store. There never seems to be any rhyme or reason for how things are shelved or displayed. The displays themselves just seem to be a mis-match hodge podge of items that don’t have anything to do with each other, and you feel like you really have to sift through a LOT of items

just to find anything remotely resembling what you were looking for. If you have a specific item in mind for your home, I would not suggest looking for it here. You’re better off going to another store, and getting in and out in five minutes with the product you want. However, if you’re just looking for an afternoon out with some friends and you want to spend the time looking for treasures, then this is the perfect place to do it. It’s almost like an upscale resale shop, with the prices they can offer. So, aside from the housewares section, there’s very little negative I can say about this location. Well, the staff never seems to be available when you need them, and the sizing on their womens clothes is also as all over the place as the housewares items, but really, it’s a small price to pay for the overall impact this store can have on anyone who wants style at a price they can afford.

TJ Maxx

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 24709825730730/k2311a097/9.7.09