Rain (1998): SWV  » Music  »
  • I guess this must be a pre-cursor to the future, down-the-line, Umbrella music video from (oh God I can't believe I'm going to say this stupid woman's name) Rihanna

• by Stephen Filippelli

Artist: SWV Video: “Rain” Album: Release Some Tension Label: RCA Records Director: Darren Grant

“Rain” is the final single and music video from SWV’s third album called “Release Some Tension”, following “Can We” and “Someone”. Released in the Spring of 1998, Darren Grant directs this time around, taking a more low-key and

mellower approach as opposed to the previous party bangers which were “Someone” and “Can We”.

The music video for “Rain” features SWV getting a ride in a car as they cruise through the hood (a rather clean-looking one at that, I might add), there’s lots of dark cinematography with cloudy landscapes. SWV ...

• performs up against a background with water pouring down behind them in one sequence while in another sequence, the SWV girls are singing beneath an umbrella together in a forest during a rain shower.

I guess this must be a pre-cursor to the future, down-the-line, “Umbrella” music video from (oh God I

can’t believe I’m going to say this stupid woman’s name) Rihanna. Overall though, “Rain” is nowhere near as memorable as “Can We” or “Someone” but it is a rather harmless and gentle effort from the three sisters with voices. Mind you, this was the last single and music video that the ladies ever put out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14709825700730/k2311a097/9.7.09