ABS-CBN’s Food Magazine Main Course Cookbook  » Recipes  »
Philippines
  • I got the edition for main course because I know I am hopelessly deficient in cooking
  • I found a better recipe for fried chicken here, dipped in fish sauce, which makes the fried chicken tastier

• by TheAdvocate

The ABS-CBN Magazine called Food came up with a Special Recipe Collection for different kinds of meals. I got the edition for main course because I know I am hopelessly deficient in cooking.

I take my baking talent, that is, the ability to follow measurements to a tee, and transfer it to my cooking,

which really does not work.

I have to surrender to the knowledge that cooking is an art while baking is a science.

This magazine helped me though cooking, with some basic recipes, and then some.

I found a better recipe for fried chicken here, dipped in fish sauce, which makes the fried chicken tastier.

...

• The recipes for chicken, pork and beef are the more common ones, with a little twist, like the Parmesan Roast Chicken and the Adobong Bisaya which was I saw for the first time.

If you are like me, hopeless in the kitchen and looking for recipes to save the groceries that you bought for

the family, this magazine will help you.

The price is a bit steep but the pictures are really helpful (it was for me!) in determining whether you are in the right track.

It would have helped though if there were more recipes to choose from, but maybe they are saving it for second series.

Ladenne Gonzales says :

How can I get a copy of your expanded edition of Food Magazine? i really wan to get acopy of the said edition. PLease tell me how?

Carla says :

You may reach them on the below contact details:

Email us at food[at]abs-cbn.com
    Call us at 415-2272 loc. 4645

normita m. lopez says :

I am an avid reader of Food Magazine by ABS-CBN PUBLISHING HOUSE. I came across a recipe (comfort food) by a contributor in the said magazine. I tried the recipe and love it. I always prepare the said dessert every time our club has potluck celebration. The dessert is a combination of gelatin and leche flan. I lost the copy of the magazine during Ondoy flooding when my apartment went underwater. I would like to request if your publishing house can give me the recipe or better yet I will buy the back issue to complete my collection of recipes copied from Food Magzine. Thank you in advance and more power

Carla says :

You may reach them on the below contact details:

Email us at food[at]abs-cbn.com
    Call us at 415-2272 loc. 4645

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49709825330630/k2311a097/9.7.09