Crazy Pet Train-Me Dog Training Treats from Petco  » Pets  »
  • Never gets into any trouble, but also only really listens to you when it's convenient for her
  • My male dog is just plain dumb as a box of rocks, unfortunately, even if he IS cute as a button
  • I definitely say if you are serious about training, to invest in these treats because they are worth every penny
  • I bought the small one because I didn't know how my dog's sensitive stomach would react to them
  • Now that I know he does well with them, i buy the big bag every time I go

• by Nikki Hanna

I have two wonderful Basenji dogs. For anyone who is unfamiliar with the breed, these dogs are quite willful and exhuberant and have tons of energy that sometimes gets them into trouble if they aren’t properly entertained. I got both of my dogs from a friend of mine who is a breeder, and the female is a complete doll. Never gets into any trouble, but also only really listens to you when it’s convenient for her. My male dog is just plain dumb as a box of rocks, unfortunately, even if he IS cute as a button. And he has a habit of lunging for other dogs when we’re out and about on walks, because he’s very territorial and is protective of his housemates.

So, while at Petco one day looking at dog beds, I came across the Crazy Pet Train-me Dog Training Treats and, after having watched three dozen episodes of It’s Me or the Dog on Animal Planet (which of

course makes us all an expert, right?) I was ready to get serious about training my dogs.

The wonderful thing about these treats is that they are the exact right size for training, because you don’t want to give your dogs huge chunks of food whenever you are rewarding them for something, and you don’t want to have to cut up large food to make it smaller portions. This comes in a convenient size in a convenient pouch. The first time I pulled them out and started training my dogs with a clicker, they were absolutely thrilled. I “charged” the clicker by clicking it and waiting for the dogs to investigate and then treating them when they came to me. They were so enamored of these treats that after just three times, the responded to the clicker immediately because they knew those treats were coming!

The treats are healthy, full of protein and nutrients, and wont make your dogs fat if you ...

• are just beginning training and therefore treating regularly. My male dog has a very delicate stomach, and it’s hard for me to change food brands or introduce new foods without him vomitting or coming down with a case of diarrhea, but he took to these treats without any problems at all. The treats are rather expensive, at $8 for a small bag that lasted only three days of training, but here’s a story to convince you it’s worth it.

I took the treats and put some in my pocket along with the clicker, and headed outside with my male dog to try to practice the recall training. Luckily for the training, there happened to be a large black dog outside with its owner, and of course my male dog immediately wanted to go after it. He pulls on his leash to such an extent he’ll choke himself. So, when he went to the end of his leash, lunging at the dog, I

clicked, put a treat in my hand, and he came immediately to me. I even held his attention while holding the treat while the dog walked right past him! I couldn’t believe it.

And now, well into our training, he only requires the treats every so often, and both my dogs have been very responsive to it. I definitely say if you are serious about training, to invest in these treats because they are worth every penny! They also have a bag that’s twice as large as the small bag for only a few dollars more, so it’s probably wiser to invest in the larger bag to begin with. I bought the small one because I didn’t know how my dog’s sensitive stomach would react to them. Now that I know he does well with them, i buy the big bag every time I go. Victoria Stillwell and her show “It’s Me or the Dog”… move over, because there’s a new dog-trainer in town!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29709824700530/k2311a097/9.7.09