Samsung Window-type Room Air Conditioner  » Electronics  »
2.0
  • I do not think its 10.1 Energy Efficiency Ratio was the best in the market
  • I am so disappointed because the aircon in my room (another brand) has been with me for more than a decade but it still works great
  • Their service center was also so-so, the repairmen they sent would just clean the aircon without addressing the real problem
  • Until now, the same problem comes up, and I think it is time to buy a new one

• by TheAdvocate

Three years ago we bought this Samsung Window-type Air Conditioner from Abenson’s because the heat in the afternoon was really terrible, and our Carrier aircon was more than a decade old. Although it was working fine, the energy consumption was not very efficient.

We were happy with our purchase at that time because it was the cheapest aircon in

the market.

I did not think to investigate the energy efficiency ratio of aircons, thinking it was too difficult a concept to master.

It turns out that I should have taken the extra time to research on this matter.

I do not think its 10.

1 Energy Efficiency Ratio was the best in the market.

Aircon is something that should ...

• last for at least a decade and so a little research would have been the prudent course.

However, just about three years after the purchase, the Samsung aircon we bought would frequently ice after just a few hours of use.

No cool air will then circulate because the ice would block it from coming out.

I am so disappointed

because the aircon in my room (another brand) has been with me for more than a decade but it still works great.

Their service center was also so-so, the repairmen they sent would just clean the aircon without addressing the real problem.

Until now, the same problem comes up, and I think it is time to buy a new one.

quick note by anonymous :

I, too purchased a Samsung window type airconditioning unit model AW-07LHB in 2011 and less than 2 years afterwards with the unit slightly being used only, the unit failed and needed to pay more than 4000Php for the repair for a unit that has not been maximized. I talked to Samsung desk officer at their 1800107267864 hotline on Jan. 2, 2013 and he said that slightly used units has more tendencies to fail.. (isn’t that a crazy comment?). I am a very unhappy customer of Samsung and I am sure there are lots of people out there, sharing the same agony. So guys over there, please do not choose Samsung as your airconditioning unit Apart from the poor quality, it has a very considerable noise that disturbs sleep. I bought a Gree unit same time and it still performs very well So, a BIG NO, NO to samsumg airconditioning products

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16709824400530/k2311a097/9.7.09