Food Magazine: Philippines’ Largest Selling Culinary Magazine  » Media  »
  • For this issue they featured a food tour in my hometown, Marikina City

• by TheAdvocate

I am teaching myself some life lessons, and one of them is the simple chore of cooking. When I was growing up, I was not encouraged by my parents to be domesticated, pushing me instead to studying.

As a result, I grew up to be a kitchen idiot, not even knowing how to boil water.

And

so at forty, I went back to the basics (and the kitchen), learning the skills that I should have learned decades ago.

I picked up this Food Magazine published by a respected media giant here in the Philippines, ABS-CBN Publishing, Inc.

, hoping to learn something from it.

It is a really good magazine, and I did ...

• learn recipes from it.

It has glossy pictures of the recipes they featured, plus a step-by-step guide that even I could follow.

I loved the fact that they feature a place with their culinary treasures and history.

For this issue they featured a food tour in my hometown, Marikina City.

I was interested to know

the restaurants that have been around even before I was born such as Johnny’s Fried Chicken and Pan de Amerikana.

I was surprised that there were dishes native to this place I call home.

It was a well-researched piece and I have since followed the path that they took in their Food Tour.

I look forward to its next edition.

Ladenne Gonzales says :

How can I get a copy of your expanded version of the Food Magazine?

TheAdvocate replies :

I bought my copy at Save More Supermarket, although I have seen this in most bookstores and magazine shops in the Philippines. I hope this helps.

Lydia Y. Ching says :

A friend lent me an old issue of Food Magazine Step by step edition 2006 and found the recipes very practical and useful. Where can I get a copy of this issue? Would appreciate a reply.

Marinette A. De Leon says :

I would like to acquire a copy of food magazine step by step, expanded edition, please enlighten me how to….

quick note by anonymous :

How can i subscribe for a copy of Food Magazine for our library? please let me know. thank you

TheAdvocate replies :

You can get in touch with them. Their contact details are in their facebook page -

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 39509823961030/k2311a095/9.5.09