Pioneer CD-R600 Full Function Smart Remote  » Electronics  »
  • Therefore, to make easy for myself, I bought the Pioneer CD-R600 Full Function Smart Remote that allows me to control both units with just a single remote control

• by balvanie77

My car is running a double deck of a Pioneer Headunit (DEH-P6050UB) and a Pioneer Digital Signal Processor (DSP) (DEQ-7600). Therefore, to make easy for myself, I bought the Pioneer CD-R600 Full Function Smart Remote that allows me to control both units with just a single remote control. I bought the unit for RM80 (US$22).

With the smart remote, I can use it

to select/skip tracks, change the audio source from CD to USB to radio as well as make some audio alterations to the headunit. At the same time, there are a few buttons that are reserved for the DSP if there is one connected (like mine), and I am able to mute, change the DSFC (Digital Sound Field Control), alter the Equalizer (EQ) ...

• points as well as choose between the 5 preset EQs. It generally makes controling my headunit and DSP an enjoyment.

The Pioneer CD-R600 is quite huge for car remote controls, somewhat the size of a typical TV remote control. However, the package includes a mounting base that holds the remote control securely in place in two positions - vertically or horizontally. With the

remote secured firmly in its mounting base next to the car’s gear stick, it looks very stylist and very much sofisticated. Last but not least, the sending of signals from the smart remote is really good and accurate even when I was at the back of the car, trying to adjust the settings for my amplifiers and woofers which were installed inside the trunk.

Noorani456 says :

Hi, i purchase on ebay one Pioneer CD-R600 to work with the same Pioneer DSP 7600. To my surprise nothing happen when i use it on the DSP. For your information the IR in the remote is working BUT the DSP 7600 not responding. Please try to assist with advise and solution if any. Thanking your in advance and awaiting your positive reply.

Galega says :

IF your remote is working, then there might be some technical issues with DSP 7600. However, I would suggest you to first go through these simple steps and see if they make any sort of difference: Switch off the Pioneer DSP 7600, switch off the power outlet and unplug it from the outlet. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and then release. Reconnect the power cable, switch on the power outlet and then switch on DSP 7600. Test if the remote control now works correctly. If it is still not working, then you may have to take your system to the service center.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16409823710230/k2311a094/9.4.09