Nelson NKJV Personal Size Giant Print Reference Bible  » Books  »
  • This edition was pretty bare bones when it came to the text which is how I like it for a reference Bible
  • It's not cluttered with a lot of commentary but does have links to other verses that I found useful
  • It's one of the best Bibles I've ever owned

• by Patrick Philips

Choosing the right Bible can be a difficult decision to make. There are so many different English translations these days. There are also a number of different publishers that each have different qualities of paper and bindings. You want to get a Bible that will last you for a long time.

I recently purchased a Nelson brand personal sized giant print Bible. These come in a variety of styles when it comes to the cover material. They have leather, bonded leather, paperback, and hardcover editions. I purchased one with a designer synthetic leather cover. The

cover is a beautiful black and deep rich burgundy. The two colored materials are stitched together and there is also a stitched design on the cover. The Bible looks really great and unique. The edges are gilded gold and the material even though imitation leather is really soft and luxurious. It feels better than some expensive genuine leather Bibles I’ve had in the past! The paper quality is good, but nothing special and can bleed through if you like to underline and highlight in your Bible. The Bible felt good in my hands and was ...

• just the right size for carrying with me to church and Bible study. The print was also comfortable on my old eyes while not being so big that it looks bad. The presentation page was attractive looking and would make this Bible good as a gift.

This edition was pretty bare bones when it came to the text which is how I like it for a reference Bible. It’s not cluttered with a lot of commentary but does have links to other verses that I found useful. Also they had alternate translations at the bottom which

I found very helpful without it being intrusive while I was reading. I really loved the modern New King James translation of this Bible. It was very easy to read and yet still had the poetic beauty of the original KJV. I found it easy to follow along with the old version while read aloud in Church.

Over all I thoroughly enjoy this new Bible. It’s size, larger text, beautiful distinct cover, and good translation are all wonderful. It felt good in my hands and was a joy to read. It’s one of the best Bibles I’ve ever owned.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17409823680230/k2311a094/9.4.09