HP LaserJet 1100 printer  » Electronics  »
  • Now you are wondering why I bought printer

• by ankgol

Well as a student I don’t think that I need a printer. I rarely take print outs and when I need I go to cyber café. Now you are wondering why I bought printer. Actually my father told me to buy the printer. He needs the printer for his business purpose. The printer is little bit big in the size and it made of quality solid material.

The connections are very easy. It can be connected through parallel port. To connect it to a computer it must have windows

98/ME/2000/ XP client. It also supports MAC OS. I am using it with windows XP and sometime on windows 2000. I am not using it on the network as I have only 1 computer at my home but connecting it to a network is little bit tricky and technical. There is one administrative segment and some other segments where we can connect more computers. Well this printer is designed to work on small group of computers.

The HP laserjet 1100 comes with 2MB of internal memory. This size is ...

• standard but if you need to take more printouts at a time then you can upgrade the internal memory. The speed of the taking printouts from the computer directly depends on the internal memory. The more memory you have the more speed you will get. In my case 2MB is more than enough. My father needs to print the letters once or twice a month but we need around 500 printouts at a time. This printer can print 6-7 pages in a minute. To keep the pages in the
        printer we have sliders made of plastic. It is written that we can keep 100 pages in the tray but if I keep 100, sometime it jams. So I keep 80 pages at a time.

Once the toner starts giving problems and we had to change it. I realized that toner is costly. Except this HP LaserJet 1100 is simple and reliable printer. As a laser printer the resolution of the printer is 600dpi. So printing quality is also good. The main to note is that is always produces the same quality.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16409823660230/k2311a094/9.4.09