Starbucks Doubleshot Energy + Coffee  » Food  »
  • In the aisle of energy drinks, I found a product I had never seen before
  • It also claims to be a ‘natural health product’, which is a bit of a stretch, but it is also low in fat and calories and has no preservatives, so I decided to pay the rather hefty $4.99, and packed it in my vehicle when I left
  • Judging from my past experience with energy drinks, they can work as fast as 15 minutes

• by Jessie Bahrey

I went looking for an energy drink at my local grocery store because I had a long drive I had to do one afternoon and evening that would require me to be awake for 19 hours that day. I distrust a lot of the energy drinks like Red Bull, because the amount of caffeine can trigger a racing heart or anxiety in some cases, but I needed something more than my usual

Starbucks cold coffee drink. In the aisle of energy drinks, I found a product I had never seen before; in a large can (444ml), I found a drink called Starbucks Doubleshot Energy + Coffee. I read the ingredients, which include Guarana (no idea what that is), ginseng, and vitamin B, as well as several other vitamins. It also claims to be a ‘natural health product’, which is a bit of a stretch, but it is also low in fat and calories and has no preservatives, so I decided to pay the rather hefty $4.99, and packed it in my vehicle when I left.

I waited until I was beginning to feel fatigue on my drive, when I still had 5 hours or more to drive. I hoped this Doubleshot drink would work quickly, because I needed the boost quickly. Judging from my past experience with ...

• Starbucks Doubleshot Energy + Coffee
      energy drinks, they can work as fast as 15 minutes. Well, this particular energy drink worked quicker than that; I started feeling more awake after about 10 minutes. Fortunately, I did not experience the racing heart or sweating that sometimes occurs with drinks with high caffeine content. I am unsure whether the vitamins provided more of a long-lasting boost than just caffeine, but I was able to finish my trip without getting
      tired again. As well, I was able to get to sleep when I got to my destination, which sometimes is impossible when I drink caffeinated drinks at night, even hours before bedtime.

Although Starbucks Doubleshot Energy + Coffee is a bit pricy, it does seem to really work; the combination of vitamins, herbal medicine and caffeine provides a healthy, quick-acting and long-lasting energy boost, and I will be using it in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27409823110130/k2311a094/9.4.09