Curried Chicken recipe  » Recipes  »
  • The taste of the milky spicy chicken and the curry taste burying into my tongue is always a wonderful dining experience for me
  • A second cup of coconut milk is added if needed - - - but I suggest not to make your dish dry

• by patofgold23

Hmmm… This is one of my all-time favourites! The taste of the milky spicy chicken and the curry taste burying into my tongue is always a wonderful dining experience for me. My kids love this recipe. My family are crazy over this. What is with dish that makes it so addicting?

Okay, I must not have this every day since I am watching my weight. This thing has coconut milk in it. It is actually healthy, but of course, too much of anything is not good. I usually eat Curried Chicken with soda – what a perfect combination!

So let’s

make our Curried Chicken. Let me not remind you again not to have this every day. Treating yourself to this sumptuous meal at least twice in a month would make you look forward to it, and keep yourself healthy.

You need the following to make Curried Chicken: 2 cups of coconut milk (there are canned coconut milk found in the supermarket, at tall can will give you about 2 cups, so don’t worry about it. I usually use the real coconut when I make this recipe, but at times I used the canned doesn’t make much difference at all),

• 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, 1 clove of garlic (minced), 1 whole chicken (cut-up, a whole chicken measures about a kilo), 1-2 tablespoons of chicken curry, a teaspoon of chilli powder, a teaspoon of salt, a teaspoon of all-purpose seasoning (any brand is good), and ¼ cup of tomato sauce).

First, you have to sauté the garlic and onion in cooking oil. Then, drop the chicken pieces, and cook covered for 5 minutes. Measure the curry powder, chilli powder, salt and seasoning. Pour in the thick coconut milk and tomato sauce. Simmer them gently, stirring frequently until the chicken

is tender. A second cup of coconut milk is added if needed - - - but I suggest not to make your dish dry. The taste could also be varied according to your own taste. If you want your dish spicier, then add extra curry and chilli…

It is best to serve this dish while it is hot. This meal is best to have with rice and accompaniments. Accompaniments should be mango chutney, French fried onion rings, fried eggplant, chopped peanuts, crisp fried bacon strips and raisins. You are sure to have a wonderful dining experience you will look forward to!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49409822850130/k2311a094/9.4.09