Vaseline Petroleum Jelly  » Health  »
  • I have this obsessive problem with licking my lips that has followed me from childhood
  • That's when I found a little travel sized container of Vaseline petroleum jelly and decided to give it a shot

• by Nikki Hanna

I wasn’t sure there was a cure-all for everything until I came upon Vaseline petroleum jelly products. I have this obsessive problem with licking my lips that has followed me from childhood. As a result, I get red, dry and cracked lips no matter the time of year, the weather, or my personal moisturizing habits. For a while, I was using Chapstick all the time until I read an article that it was actually habit-forming and dried out the lips more so that you were required to use it more. Because I had already become so dependant on chapstick to help my chapped lips, I knew I had to find something immediately to replace my nasty chapstick habits. That’s when I found a little travel

sized container of Vaseline petroleum jelly and decided to give it a shot.

Now I typically don’t use any health or beauty product without really informing myself as to the ingredients and possible uses and effects, and when I discovered that vaseline is really nothing more than paraffin, mineral oils and waxes, I knew it wouldn’t be the least bit harmful. And I wasn’t surprised when I started using it on my lips to find out that it was very effective and I only had to apply it a few times a day during the dozens of times an hour I was applying the chapstick. That alone was enough to make me a life-long fan. Then I remembered how my mom used to put vaseline all over her feet and then cover them with socks before she went to bed to help get rid of her callouses. I figured, since I started working again last September, and I’m always on my feet, that I’d give this a shot as well, and sure enough, after applying a liberal amount to my feet, covering them with socks and sleeping comfortably through the night, I discovered the next morning that the skin on the bottom of my feet, even the rough calloused sections, were smooth as baby’s skin. Vaseline is a total cure-all, I thought!

Then I also realized that it can be used on scrapes and minor cuts. Because the waxes act like a barrier, it’s perfect for protecting cuts from becoming ...

• Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
      infected. I’ve thrown away my neosporin and have taken to only using vaseline on small cuts and scrapes. Another way I absolutely love using vaseline products is on my cuticles. I work in a shoe store and we’re required to clean all the shoe boxes of tissue paper that the shoes come wrapped in from the factory. These papers dry out the skin of the hands immensely, and I end up going home from work every night with cuticles that are so dry that they are almost painful on certain days. I just take a dab of vaseline petroleum jelly and rub it in as thoroughly as possible and within a few minutes, there is a marked improvement in the condition of my cuticles. I
      especially love using it on the cuticles around my toe nails as well.

And then, to top it all off, I come to find out that Vaseline has a whole range of products for health and beauty that have aloe and cocoa butter in it. I’ve since tried the Vaseline lotions and have been as pleasantly surprised. However, the Vaseline lotions are far more expensive than the large tubs of the petroleum jelly, and since I’ve found that the jelly is just as (if not more) effective than the lotions in some instance, I’ve taken to use the jelly exclusively for all my healthcare and beauty needs. There really isn’t a bad thing I can say about Vaseline petroleum jelly. It really IS useful in almost any situation.

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
Zachary Potter says :

Vasoline is by far the best makers of petroleum jelly. Other brands are cheaply made and use not enough or to much of indregients. Vasoline has just the right amount to keep your skin lubricated properly. It also last more than any other jellys on the market. It doesn’t come off because water gets on your skin. I don’t use any other product when I want quality petroleum jelly besides Vasoline.

Laquria Echols says :

re : That’s when I found a little travel sized container of Vaseline petroleum jelly and decided to give it a shot
I have also had the problem of licking my lips until they become chapped. Nothing helps except Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. And it also helps with my dry skin as well. Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is very useful as an all purpose product.

brenda balderama says :

I, too, developed the habit of licking my lips in grammar school. It began slowly, progressed quickly. It was miserable. My lips became cracked and swollen. Before long, I had four lips. Two dried, cracked and scabby rings formed around my lips. My mother bought Vicks vapo rub. I applied it several times a day. It felt so soothing and helped the dryness. After a week or so, my lips were healed.

Amber says :

I used to obsessively lock my lips as a child, to the point where there was a red ring around it. But it did not follow me into adulthood.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34409822790130/k2311a094/9.4.09