Z-Pak  » Medicine  »
  • I took so many hot showers I thought I was going to melt
  • Actually, I think patients comply better with the Z-Pak because you don't have to take antibiotics for the full 10 days

• by mom1

Last winter, I was sicker than a dog. I had a terrible case of bronchitis, but I avoided going to the doctor, which was very stupid. I figured I could cure my self using over the counter medications and by using home remedies. I took cough syrup and used the vaporizer.

I took so many hot showers I thought I was going to melt. The cough was unrelenting. I didn’t think I was that sick because I didn’t really feel too sick.

I had a fever for a couple of days or so, but it wasn’t like I was laying in bed so sick that I couldn’t get up. After a couple of days, I could not stop coughing and it was especially worse at night.

I did get some relief with cough medicines and expectorants to help bring up and thin the mucus, but apparently I had an infection that needed an antibiotic.

I finally gave in and went to see the doctor. After examining me, he decided that I had bronchitis. Figuring that bronchitis was a virus and not a bacterial infection I was relieved because I knew that with a virus you usually don’t need to take antibiotics because they are useless against viruses.

Only when you have a bacterial infection do you take antibiotics. Much to my surprise, the doctor wrote me a prescription for Z-Pak which is an antibiotic. When I asked him why I had to take an antibiotic even though what I had was a ...

• virus and not a bacterial infection, he said that sometimes bronchitis can be caused by a bacterial infection and sometimes by a virus.

You can never be sure. So, to be on the safe side and to prevent a secondary infection, he recommended the Z-Pak.

Actually, I think patients comply better with the Z-Pak because you don’t have to take antibiotics for the full 10 days.

Usually you only take them for 5 days. I was glad I got the Z-Pak instead of another antibiotic that I would have to have taken for 10 days. Well, I took the first dose and it was fine.

The second dose started to give me a stomach ache. You’re suppose to take the Z-Pak on an empty stomach

and if you don’t eat something you might get a stomachache. To say that I had a stomachache from the Z-Pak is an understatement.

I had the most horrific pains in my stomach from those antibiotics, but I have to say, it cleared up the bronchitis is 2 days. Z-Pak worked incredibly fast to relieve my cough and I actually did feel lots better if not for the pains in my stomach. But luckily, I only had to take them for five days, and after I stopped taking the antibiotics, the stomachache went away.

Z-Pak did the trick for me, but if you have an infection and you are interested in Z-Pak, talk to your doctor or health care provide who can advise you on what would be best for you.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26409822750130/k2311a094/9.4.09