Cinnabar by Estee Lauder
  • When she came in that morning, I noticed that although she smelled good, the scent that she was wearing was very strong
  • I thought that as a nurse, her perfume was much to heavy and that her fragrance might upset some of the patients because they are sick already and strong scents can easily cause a patient to become sicker
  • I think my initial reaction put a damper on me wanting to buy it
  • I do recommend however, that if you like spicy heavier fragrances that you do try Cinnabar

• by mom1

I tried Cinnabar perfume by Estee Lauder when one of my nurse coworkers wore it to the hospital where we both worked. When she came in that morning, I noticed that although she smelled good, the scent that she was wearing was very strong. I thought that as a nurse, her perfume was much to heavy and that her fragrance might upset some of the patients because they are sick already and strong scents can easily cause a patient to become sicker.

If the scent was too strong for me, I could imagine what some of her patients might think when she took care of them! Well, when I asked her what she was wearing, she told me that it was Cinnabar by Estee Lauder. This perfume reminded me of a strong spice scent that I smelled in a candle store the day before.

It really did smell like heavy scented candles, which really wasn’t a terrible scent, but inappropriate for working at a hospital as a caregiver. She just happened to have the bottle in her bag and she asked me if I would like to put some on to see how it would smell on me.

I have to say that I was tempted to try it, because I figured it would smell different on me, especially since I would not have put a lot on, just a dab of it, but since I was still working, I didn’t want to subject my patients with the strong heavy scent of Cinnabar, although like I said it was not an unpleasant scent. After my shift was over, I did take her up on her offer of trying the Cinnabar.

I figured that by the time I got home,

• the perfume would have settled just enough on my skin and give me a good idea of how it would smell on my body.

I put a little on my wrists and then as I was driving home, I couldn’t help but to admire this scent that was Cinnabar.

It actually started to smell very good. Maybe it was the combination of the cool air and I had the windows rolled down in the car, but whatever it was, this perfume was starting to smell very pleasant to me.

By the time I got home, I was really thinking that I might even buy myself a bottle of Cinnabar, but I didn’t want to act impulsively until I was really sure that I liked it. Later, when my daughter smelled it, she liked it too, but decided it wasn’t for her because it was a little

too heavy scented for her, but for me, she said it smelled nice.

I also decided that Cinnabar is to used for special occasions and that if I did buy some, I would wear it only after work and only occasionally. As it turned out, I did not buy this perfume, because I wasn’t sure if I would get alot of use from it.

I think my initial reaction put a damper on me wanting to buy it. Although the fragrance grew on me, and I even started liking it very much, my coworker’s very powerful scent of Cinnabar at 6:45 in the morning had an effect on me.

I do recommend however, that if you like spicy heavier fragrances that you do try Cinnabar. I might reconsider my decision to purchase a bottle of it, but for right now, I will put it off for a while.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 56409822710130/k2311a094/9.4.09