Beautiful by Estee Lauder  » Perfume  »
  • I know that's kind of an unusual combination, but that's what it reminded me of
  • Actually, my daughter was with me, and she noticed the scent too
  • I thought that maybe the reason the Beautiful by Estee Lauder smelled different at the store was because it was competing with all the other fragrances at the different cosmetics counters
  • I decided to buy myself a bottle of it and see how I liked it when I got home

• by mom1

Beautiful by Estee Lauder is one of those fragrances that took me a while to warm up to. I couldn’t decide whether I liked it or not. My mother started wearing Beautiful by Estee Lauder and to be perfectly honest, I was not crazy about this scent.

It may have been because when my mother wears perfume, she tends to put alot of it on and the scent becomes overbearing and too strong. But anyway, when I was at the mall one Saturday, I was browsing the cosmetics counter, and I just happened to walk by the Estee Lauder counter where I smelled a lovely floral scent that reminded me of a flower garden and of baking cookies.

I know that’s kind of an unusual combination, but that’s what it reminded me of. Actually, my daughter was with me, and she noticed the scent too.

She thought the fragrance smelled more like bubble gum! When I asked the salesperson what the fragrance was, she told me it was Beautiful by Estee Lauder. I was shocked because when my mother wears it, Beautiful smells completely different on her.

Not in a bad way, though, but in a stronger way. I thought that maybe the reason the Beautiful by Estee Lauder smelled different at the store was because it was competing with all the other fragrances at the different cosmetics counters.

I sprayed a little bit of the Beautiful on my wrist from the tester and sure enough, it was the same as how my mother smells when she uses the Beautiful. Although, it smelled lighter and less overbearing on me, the scents were indeed the same.

I decided to buy myself a bottle of it and see how I liked it ...

• when I got home. My daughter thought the scent was a bit on the old side and thought that this perfume would not be appropriate for her.

She did not think it smelled “fresh” as she put it. This could have been because it was 100 degrees outside and the car was very hot, and between the heat of the car and by me testing the Beautiful at the cosmetics counter, and maybe getting alittle carried away with the “tester”, the car may have been a little stifling! Anyway, when I got home, I tried some on and waited for my husband to come home from work because I always like to get his input on my fragrances before I actually wear them out, because if he finds that the perfumes are too strong and unpleasant on me, then I hesitate to wear them out.

When he came home, I asked for his opinion of the Beautiful by Estee Lauder. Actually he wasn’t as thrilled about this scent as I thought he would be, but with my first impression of it, it took him a while to warm up to it.

As the evening wore on, he began to enjoy the fragrance more and more. Maybe it’s just the initial first scent of this perfume that is alittle loud, but then the scent becomes softer and more subtle.

I do like this perfume and I will continue to wear it, but maybe not on a daily basis and I will continue to wear it only sparingly because a little bit of Beautiful goes a long way on me. It’s a lovely scent, but it lasts for a very long time on my skin so I use very little of it for a pretty soft feminine scent.

Beautiful by Estee Lauder

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 56409822700130/k2311a094/9.4.09