Sacramento, CA Hal’s Auto Care
2425 Tower Ave. Sacramento, CA
  • Recently, I had a problem with my car that was highly frustrating
  • What I liked is that they definitely weren't trying to take advantage of women, as some do

• by Orrymain

Recently, I had a problem with my car that was highly frustrating. My temp light would redden up if I idled for more than 30 seconds or so. It happened whether the air conditioning was on or not, so I knew it wasn’t connected to the A/C.

My sister suggested I try a new place, Hal’s Auto Care, for the car repair. She’d seen an ad that she really liked for them. It’s a family operated business, and she simply had a good vibe coming from it. So, we tried it out.

It turned out to be a radiator

fan, and while we were at it, it was long past time to get the car some new oil to drink, so we had a lube job done as well as doing a diagnostic of all operating systems and such. It’s really been a while since my car was treated as she should be and as I had taken care of her until financial troubles set in and prevented regular maintenance from happening.

Hal’s Auto Care gave us a detailed printout of everything they checked for their $89 diagnostic and what the result was. They made recommendations and explained anything we ...

• didn’t understand. What I liked is that they definitely weren’t trying to take advantage of women, as some do. My car actually checked out beautifully. They had some recommendations for tires, but not urgent and not even a necessity. It all depended on how much I drive and where I drive and dealt more with tire age than the tire condition. Then they had some comments about some of the hoses, which again is more related to age than condition.

My point is, there wasn’t any hype to try and sell us anything or to make my very

old car seem like a junk heap. It’s not. It’s a wonderful car, and even though she’s been a little neglected, the diagnostic shows she’s still in great shape.

We liked the people we dealt with. I actually made a couple of calls back to check on different things and get some quotes and was treated with respect and courtesy. Better yet, they actually returned the calls and gave me all the information I needed.

I do like Hal’s Auto Care and we’ll be back as I take care of some other things that need to be taken care of with my vehicle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9309822300830/k2311a093/9.3.09