TheraFlu Flu, Cold & Cough Medicine (Original Formula)  » Medicine  »
  • Based off of my previous bad experience with TheraFlu Cold and Sore Throat Hot Liquid I was more that a little skeptical as to whether TheraFlu Flu, Cold & Cough Medicine would work
  • I had come down with a really bad cold smack dab in the middle of a beautiful warm summer, one of the worst possible times to get a cold in my opinion
  • Within about a few hours after I completely finished drinking the medicine I noticed that I didn't feel congested anymore, I didn't have the urge to cough as much and my sore throat felt relieved

• by LissaK

Based off of my previous bad experience with TheraFlu Cold and Sore Throat Hot Liquid I was more that a little skeptical as to whether TheraFlu Flu, Cold & Cough Medicine would work. I had come down with a really bad cold smack dab in the middle of a beautiful warm summer, one of the worst possible times to get a cold in my opinion.

I was over my aunt and uncles house and there was

nothing else in the medicine cabinet that was specifically made for treating colds except for the TheraFlu Flu, Cold & Cough Medicine.

With a sigh of exasperation, I stirred one of the six packets that come in the box into a mug of hot water, I also added a little sugar.

I remembered the not so sweet taste of the TheraFlu sore throat liquid, so I wanted the drink to actually taste good this time.

I ...

• plopped down on the living room couch and began sipping the drink, not really expecting any kind of improvement, keep in mind this is judging off of the previous experience I had with the TheraFLu Cold and Sore Throat Hot Liquid.

Within about a few hours after I completely finished drinking the medicine I noticed that I didn’t feel congested anymore, I didn’t have the urge to cough as much and my sore throat felt

relieved.

I had to read the box again just to see if it was TheraFlu or not.

I was so satisfied with the results that I continued to use the rest of the packets in the box.

Within a week and a half my cold had gone down considerably, along with other medications I took such as NyQuil and Aleeve.

The TheraFlu Flu, Cold & Cough Medicine just made the road to recovery a whole lot sweeter.

Jason Harley says :

can my nine year old daughter take theraflu cold and cough

Joanna says :

Hi,

Theraflu, and other medications like it, are meant for those over the age of 12. It might be okay if you give her a smaller dose, but it still could leave her with severe side effects as her system may not be able to handle ingredients meant for adults.

I would definitely go with childrens cold and cough medicine and then a nice cup or regular hot tea with lemon and honey. However, you should ask your pediatrician. He or she may say that its just fine. Personally, I would stick with tea.

Galega says :

It can be prescribed to children above 6 years old in certain condition, when benefit outweighs associated risk. Please talk to your pediatrician whether you can give it to your 9 year old baby or not. Generally, doctor prescribes it as the last option for giving quick relief from cold and cough.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26209820491130/k2311a092/9.2.09