The Model Wife by Julia Llewellyn book
  • The book in general was pleasant enough to read, and sufficiently interesting that I'd read other books by Julia Llewellyn, but not interesting nor flowing enough that I would reread this particular book

• by booklover

I’ve now read a couple of Julia LLewellyn’s books, The Model Wife being the second that I’ve read. While the storyline is different, the feel of the books is the same - in both the Love Trainer and The Model Wife a woman must reinvent herself despite not having many skills and

ends up in an unconventional job. The two stories are quite different though, especially in the relationships between the characters. What is the same is the feel of the writing and the type of problems which occur.

I confess that I occasionally skipped entire paragraphs of the novel. While I was a bit ...

• interested in what would happen to the characters, sometimes it felt like things dragged for awhile or went in awkward directions. A couple of times I felt embarrassed for a character.

I didn’t understand the character of the ex-wife at all - she seemed vindictive and then, suddenly, in the end, seems to

change her mind? I feel like I missed something but it actually seems that you are supposed to read something into her behaviour.

The book in general was pleasant enough to read, and sufficiently interesting that I’d read other books by Julia Llewellyn, but not interesting nor flowing enough that I would reread this particular book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17209820301130/k2311a092/9.2.09