Sherlock Holmes: The Woman in Green  » Movies  »
2.0
  • I love Sherlock Holmes books and have heard good things about some of the old black & white Sherlock Holmes movies
  • So, since I was once again up with our youngest daughter last night, I decided to give one of them a try Sherlock Holmes
  • I think I made it about halfway through the movie before I was getting bored to the point I just had to turn it off

• by Steve

I love Sherlock Holmes books and have heard good things about some of the old black & white Sherlock Holmes movies. So, since I was once again up with our youngest daughter last night, I decided to give one of them a try Sherlock Holmes:

The Woman in Green.

The movie sounded like it would have a good plot.

Holmes is investigating the murder of several women around London.

But, I have to tell you, I just couldn’t get into it.

The movie seemed to be a bit awkward because, rather than being based on one of the books written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, you instead had the characters from that series and a plot written by someone else.

And, it just didn’t seem to work.

I think I made it about halfway through ...

• Sherlock Holmes: The Woman in Green
      the movie before I was getting bored to the point I just had to turn it off.

After all, it was getting late, my daughter was still wide awake and the last thing I needed to do was fall asleep from boredom.

I will continue

to read the Sherlock Holmes adventures (even though I have already read each of them at least twice).

But, after seeing this movie, I don’t know if I will take the time to watch another one; unless, of course, it is actually based on one of the actual books.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11209820151130/k2311a092/9.2.09