AZO Standard Urinary Pain Relief Tablets  » Medicine  »
  • This over the counter is amazing in how fast and effective it was for me
  • They also had AZO Cranberry, but I think the cranberry was more of a preventative measure to maintain urinary health, and not a medication to ease the symptoms of an existing urinary tract infection
  • But all in all, I have to say that this medication help tremendously with the misery of the urinary tract infection and I recommend it highly

• by mom1

In all my years I must have taken hundreds and hundreds of medications, most of them being over the counter medications for various ailments, but not too many of them can compare to AZO Standard Urinary Pain Relief. For the sake of this review, I will refer to is only as AZO. This over the counter is amazing in how fast and effective it was for me. Here’s what happened.

I was feeling alittle under the weather with some urinary tract infection symptoms. Nothing too severe, just a little urinary frequency and some lower abdominal pain. As the day went on, I was experiencing the all too famliar pain of a urinary tract infection aka bladder infection.

The symptoms of a urinary tract infection make me so sick, not because of the obvious urinary tract symptoms, but because it’s a systemic infection, you tend to feel feverish and have chills as well. Anyway, I really

didn’t feel like calling the doctor and going there, so I went to Walgreens and looked around to see if I could find anything that would manage the symptoms. Now I do realized that if the symptoms persisted I would have called the doctor because I would have needed an antibiotic, but I wanted to see if I could at least get some relief that day.

As I was looking around, I was something called AZO Standard Urinary Pain Relief Tablets. They also had AZO Cranberry, but I think the cranberry was more of a preventative measure to maintain urinary health, and not a medication to ease the symptoms of an existing urinary tract infection. When I went to pay for the AZO at the pharmacy counter, the pharmacist told said that the AZO is very effective and that it would help with my symptoms.

He did remind me though that I really should see the doctor, because you ...

• don’t want to fool around with a bladder infection as it could develop into something more serious. I assured him that if I wasn’t feeling better in a day or so that I would call the doctor. When I went home I took the AZO with lots of water and then I hoped it would start working on the pain and burning of my urinary tract infection.

After about 60 minutes, I started to feel better, thankfully. The bladder pain and severe burning and pressure were starting to subside. I did not like the fact that it turns your urine a neon orange color.

Yes, it sure does. This is not pleasant, but it does get rid of the pain and pressure. Actually, this medication was not always available over the counter.

It used to be only available by a prescription, and I remember taking it when my doctor wrote me a prescription for it and

he did warn me that it changes the urine to a bright orange color. So, at least I remembered that, and it does tell you on the box, so you’re not too shocked when you see this. Another thing I did not particularly care for about AZO is that it gave me a stomachache.

I tried to drink more water with it, which helped a little, but I did have the stomach ache for a while. Eating a little helped too. But all in all, I have to say that this medication help tremendously with the misery of the urinary tract infection and I recommend it highly.

It is important to note that if you decide you want to try this medication, discuss it first with your doctor or healthcare provider to make sure it is safe for you. But for myself, this medication worked like a charm, and I am glad that I came across it at the drugstore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26209819951030/k2311a092/9.2.09