American Red Cross
108 Morgantown St, Uniontown, PA 15401
  • I have young children at home, so I want to make sure that I know how to do CPR in case of an emergency
  • It turned out to be a false situation, but now I know that if that ever happens again I can help diagnose the problem

• by Queenbeezie

I recently decided to take a CPR class with my local Red Cross. I have young children at home, so I want to make sure that I know how to do CPR in case of an emergency. I know a lot of people who have taken courses with our local Red Cross and they find them to be very helpful. I called and found out when the next available class was and I signed up for it. I was excited and nervous to start my new CPR class. I really didn’t know what to expect from the program.

I ended up being really surprised with the overall quality of the program. It was very informative. I was very pleased with everything. They gave me the knowledge and ability that I needed to know how to do CPR. They showed me the essential care for breathing and cardiac emergencies.

This is something that

I will need if an emergency ever arises in my home. I was taught how to do Adult, Infant and Child CPR. I was really happy for this because we recently purchased a swimming pool and I have been a nervous wreck with my children. The course even showed me how to do proper First Aid. They even added a new program while I was there.

They added a program that deals with blood borne pathogens and preventing the spread of diseases. I was always scared that if I was ever put in the situation of having to deal with an emergency that I wouldn’t know what to do or I would panic. After attending this course through my local Red Cross, I truly feel that I now have the skills needed to handle an emergency. I expected to just take a CPR class when I first signed up. They taught me so ...

• much more.

They went over what to do if you are ever faced with an accident scene. They told you how to handle the situation. That is something that I would have never known how to deal with. They go over how and if you should remove a victim from an accident scene. They even went over Good Samaritan Laws at an accident scene.

I didn’t even know these laws existed. The certification was very educational for me. I really learned a lot. I feel a little bit more at ease when it comes to my children now. Their life is pretty much in my hands every day.

I feel so much calmer knowing that I am certified to help protect them from certain dangers now. The course even went over the consent laws when it comes to minors and the signs of a heart attack. I was actually

with my great grandfather one time when he thought that he was having a heart attack. It turned out to be a false situation, but now I know that if that ever happens again I can help diagnose the problem.

I encourage anyone who has young children to take the CPR course at your local Red Cross.

I’m sure you will learn new and helpful things. As parents we feel good when we know our children our safe, this course will help to ensure that. The members of my local Red Cross were very helpful and informative. They answered all my questions and worked with me until I had no more questions. They are a great bunch of individuals and I am grateful to them and their program.

Everyone should attend. Your family is important and American Red Cross will teach you how to help them and others in the event of an emergency.

American Red Cross

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 25209819701030/k2311a092/9.2.09