The Other ‘Person’  » Other  »
  • The computer has become such as integral part of our lives now that some people simply can't imagine living without it

• by muhdaisyah
      The computer has become such as integral part of our lives now that some people simply can’t imagine living without it. My husband is one of them.

The first thing he does when he wakes up(besides washing his face and brushing his teeth) is to switch on the computer.

Then, there he

will sit for hours on end,either checking his e-mail, surfing the Net or checking his various web-based business enterprises.

I find that intriguing as I’m one of those who switch on the computer only when there’s work to be done or when I’m expecting mail.

But here is my better half, spending ...

• the majority of his time with, not HIS better half, but with the ‘other person’ - the computer.

I have heard grouses from some wives about how neglected they sometimes feel because their husband spend more time in front of the computer rather than in front of THEM.

And I can

totally empathise with them.

The computer has been a boon in a lot of areas but in the area of marital bliss, connection and communication, it has proven to be somewhat of a MENACE.

But this begs the question - is it the computer’s fault or the husband’s/wife’s fault? Think about it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 126108190231/k2311a106/10.6.05