A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown book  » Books  »
  • This is one of my favourite books, definitely in my top 5 and I have read it about 5 times
  • This is honestly one of my favourite books and I love how that at the end of such a shocking and horrible life, Cupcake managed to turn her life around

• by natalie1111

This is one of my favourite books, definitely in my top 5 and I have read it about 5 times. I did find that once I started it I just couldn’t put it down.

The book is a true story about a young girl growing up in San Diego, USA. The young girl’s name is Cupcake Brown, her real name because of

her mother’s craving for cupcake’s when she was pregnant.

We follow Cupcake, also known as La’Vette, from the age of 11 when she finds her mother dead and is then thrown into the child welfare system.

We follow her horrific journey, one that is a complete roller-coaster of emotions, as we see her facing abuse, neglect, sexual abuse, all this while she lives in a care home with the vile Diane who she is forced to call mom.

She then goes back and forth from foster home to care home and on the street, facing further abuse and neglect followed by drug abuse, alcohol abuse and prostitution, all this while still not even 15.

She then goes on to become part of the notorious ...

• A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown book
      gangster scene, committing terrible crimes and spiralling further and further into alcohol and drug addiction. As she becomes more of an adult, she gets her own place, tries to hold down a job, but all this crumbles as her addiction takes over.

This book is written brilliantly by Cupcake who reveals the story of her horrendous childhood, one that no child should

ever have to go through, in a way that’s so honest and completely frank.

This is honestly one of my favourite books and I love how that at the end of such a shocking and horrible life, Cupcake managed to turn her life around.

Absolutely fantastic, a story so shocking and brutally honest, Cupcake should be congratulated on such a job well done….LOVED it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17109818900130/k2311a091/9.1.09