Smitty’s restaurant  » Restaurants  »
1.5
Prince Street, Sydney, NS, Canada
  • My husband enjoyed his breakfast wrap, although he said he had had better, and I got a bacon and egg breakfast with pancakes, and a side of toast
  • The service was definitely slow and the waitress was not very good at recognizing when something was needed

• by C Mac

We were here over the weekend while visiting family in Sydney on Cape Breton island in Nova Scotia. I do not think we will be going back here when we are visiting family again.

The service was poor and the food was not nearly as good as we had expected.

We went for breakfast with our children.

a bacon and egg breakfast with pancakes, and a side of toast.

My son ordered a children’s meal, similar to mine, but smaller, and he enjoyed his, but he was the only one really satisfied.

My eggs tasted rubbery and bland, the bacon was really good though.

The pancakes were not all that tasty, and the toast didn’t come.

I had to ask for it a few minutes later, and then she brought ...

• me the wrong kind, so I never did end up getting my toast.

The service was definitely slow and the waitress was not very good at recognizing when something was needed.

Luckily we did not have to wait for a seat, and were able to sit right down.

That’s always nice, because often when we go out for breakfast we’re forced to sit and wait for a table to clear.

The prices were

decent, but definitely high for the quality of food and the service I received, it’s basically what you would expect to pay at any restaurant, around thirty-five dollars for the three of us to eat, but not worth the money we spent on it.

Maybe eat here for lunch or supper, but I don’t know if I would suggest it for breakfast.

You can probably find better, or just make your own at home, it wll taste better, I’m sure!

Smitty's restaurant

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7109818770130/k2311a091/9.1.09