Cooper 3Way Motion Sensor  » Hardware  »
  • These motion sensors definitely did the job, and they were an absolute breeze to instal
  • They fit nicely in the hole left by the old switches, and wired in without even the slightest issue
  • I hear that the man whose home I put them in has yet to have a problem with them, so that is good to hear

• by RedEyedFacade

In my many handyman adventures, I find myself often installing little things for people that they could probably have done themselves easily. Recently, I installed a few Cooper 3Way Motion Sensors in the house of a family friend because he wanted the added convenience of having lights turn on automatically when he entered a room. These motion sensors definitely did the job, and they were an absolute breeze to instal. I can not rave enough about a wiring product that really makes every aspect of its instalation as easy as this product has.

The rooms he wanted the motion sensors in were two additions he had just had added on to his hom in the last few years, so the wiring was almost brand spanking new. This in itself was a definite plus, as wiring with old houses can cause

serious complications. Also, this made finding the breakers for that part of the house that much easier, and this is a must if you do not want to end up frying yourself on a hot wire. The old light switches came off without much hassle, and the same process that got those switches on is the process you use to get the motion sensing switches in. They fit nicely in the hole left by the old switches, and wired in without even the slightest issue. I was a bit afraid when I flipped the breaker back on, as everything seemd to go too easily, but my fears were unfounded as they worked great.

The design of these things is pretty nice as well. They fit really well in the rooms I installed them in, and they would probably make a ...

• perfect fit in any room that has a simple design asthetic. I have seen other models that work as well, but they are so ugly that I refuse to believe that anyone would want them in their home. While things are becoming more and more compact and pretty, it is nice to see a product that is ahead of the curve.

They function really really well, and this may be the biggest selling point of this product. One of my main concerns with motion sensors is that they dont seem to work very well in varying lit areas. Well, this does not seem to be the case with this product, as you can set it to work differently depending on the ambient light levels. When I finished up with the installations, it was getting a bit dark outside, and

they seemed to work really well despite there being very little ambient light. This is a major plus, because it sucls to have put these things into your home, only to have them only work in certain lighting configurations. It seems like that would be a confliction with what the product is supposed to do, and while this is the case with many motion sensors on the market, it is not the case with this one. I hear that the man whose home I put them in has yet to have a problem with them, so that is good to hear.

Overall, these Cooper Motion Sensors are very good, and they are only about twenty dollars a piece. If you want to put a well functioning, nice looking motion sensor in your home, this is probably the one you want to get.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 33109818681230/k2311a091/9.1.09