Magnesium 250 mg.  » Medicine  »
  • Since I decided that I did not want to take hormone replacement therapy for ease my hot flashes, we would try an alternative treatment that was not hormonal in nature
  • So to counteract the effects of not having ovaries, the only way to relieve the hot flashes was to replace the estrogen that I was not producing and to do this, I thought that I would need estrogen
  • Actually I was happy because they were running a special on the Magnesium for buy one get one free, so I actually got two bottles with 200 tablets in them each

• by mom1

My doctor recommended that I take Magnesium 250 mg twice a day for the treatment of hot flashes that I was experiencing after undergoing a hysterectomy. The hot flashes came almost immediately and were so unbearable that they were disruptive to my day to day living. Sleeping was almost non existing. Since I decided that I did not want to take hormone replacement therapy for ease my hot flashes, we would try an alternative treatment that was not hormonal in nature.

When my doctor recommended that I take Magnesium 250 mg. twice a day for the hot flashes, I did not think if would be effective because, actually it is not a prescription medication and it is not hormonal. I do know that hot flashes occur from a decrease in circulating estrogen and since I had a hysterectomy

with removal of the ovaries, I was not producing estrogen like I was before.

So to counteract the effects of not having ovaries, the only way to relieve the hot flashes was to replace the estrogen that I was not producing and to do this, I thought that I would need estrogen. Anyway, he told me to give the Magnesium and try and if it didn’t work, we work explore other options to curb the hot flashes. I stopped at the drugstore and purchased the Magnesium 250 mg.

Actually I was happy because they were running a special on the Magnesium for buy one get one free, so I actually got two bottles with 200 tablets in them each.

As soon as I got home I took one tablet of the Magnesium 250 mg. My doctor told ...

• me to take it in divided doses and not to take two tablets at a time.

So I took one when I got home and one later on in the evening. I was hoping that by chance, that night the hot flashes would somehow disappear, but no luck. This went on for about a week, until one night I actually fell asleep and slept through until the morning without awakening once from a hot flash.

This was too good to be true, and must have been a fluke, I thought. That morning I took my Magnesium as usual and then later on I took the second one as instructed by my doctor. Sure enough, that night I slept all the way through again until the morning.

Now, I was really starting to get excited. How

could this be. My horrific hot flashes seemed to be subsiding without the use of hormone replacement therapy! The next night was a repeat of the last two.

No hot flashes. I was so happy and grateful. As the days and nights go on, however I still get an occasional hot flash, and they still can get pretty intense, but I have to say that since I have been taking the Magnesium 250 mg.

they have dramatically decreased in severity and in frequency. For me Magnesium helped with my hot flashes and I am relieved that I can take it in place of estrogen supplementation. I am not saying that hormone replacement therapy doesn’t have it’s place in helping with hot flashes and heart health, but at this time, for me, Magnesium 250 mg.

twice a day, serves me well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26109818611230/k2311a091/9.1.09