Halls Cough Drops  » Medicine  »
  • I don't like to take any medication, unless it's absolutely necessary
  • When I saw that familiar red packaging with the Hall's brand on it, I got very excited because I knew from my experience as a kid, sneaking one of my dad's Hall's cough drops, I would soon get a feeling of relief from the cough and a soothing feeling on my throat
  • Driving home, I noticed that I wasn't coughing as much either
  • Partly because I prefer the taste of Cherry to the taste of Honey and partly for the sentimental value of remembering my father
  • I love Halls and will continue to take them in moderation only if I ever need them

• by mom1

Halls Cough Drops are a product that I use and it also brings back memories from when my father used to take Halls when I was a kid. I can remember the strong scent of a combination of cherry and menthol. When I smelled that familiar scent, I knew my father must be around! The last cold that I had, left me with a bad cough and a sore throat. I don’t like to take any medication, unless it’s absolutely necessary. So when I was grocery shopping, I though I would see if they still sold Halls Cough Drops to help relieve me cough.

I wasn’t even sure that they still made Halls, as I can remember them from thirty years ago. When I saw that familiar red packaging with the Hall’s brand on it, I got very excited because I knew from my experience as a kid, sneaking one of my dad’s Hall’s cough drops, I would soon get a feeling of relief

from the cough and a soothing feeling on my throat. I purchased the bag of Halls and went to pay for my them and the rest of my groceries. I didn’t even wait to get home to try one.

As soon as I got into the car, I opened the bag and carefully unwrapped my Halls. I was flooded with memories of my childhood and it felt so good! I put it in my mouth and almost in an instant, my throat felt bathed in soothing Halls greatness. My throat had felt sore and scratchy when I went into the grocery store, but now, it felt fine. I cannot say that the sore throat that I had was a raging, can’t swallow sore throat, but it did hurt and it was scratch and itchy.

The Halls took care of it right away. Driving home, I noticed that I wasn’t coughing as much either. And when I did cough, it was just ...

• alittle and not a strong powerful hacking cough. I like the cherry flavor of the Halls.

I debated whether to get the Honey flavor because honey has soothing properties in it already and that, coupled with the Halls would give me more band for my buck, but I had to opt for the Cherry. Partly because I prefer the taste of Cherry to the taste of Honey and partly for the sentimental value of remembering my father. I enjoyed sucking on the Halls that day. Actually, I think I may have overdid the Halls, alittle.

That night, before bed, I noticed that I had a bit of a stomach ache. I was actually even a little nauseous. I couldn’t think of anything bad that I could have eaten because all I ate was homemade soup and toast. I couldn’t figure out why I had this dull pain in my stomach, until I was brushing my teeth later, and saw my red tongue.

The

red tongue jogged my memory of all the Halls that I had eaten that day. I believe this is why I got an upset stomach. In fact, just thinking about the Halls make me more sick! After a while though, the stomachache wore off. I was happy that the upset stomach went away, because I love Halls so much I want to be able to take them at the first sign of a cough or sore throat and not have to worry that I’m going to get sick from them.

It’s my fault really, because I ate too many of them. I was sucking on them throughout the day, instead of just taking one or two. Actually, the first one that I took, did the trick. My throat was so soothed that I really didn’t even need the others.

It coated my throat just enough too, to ease my dry cough. I love Halls and will continue to take them in moderation only if I ever need them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26109818541230/k2311a091/9.1.09