Erythromycin EES  » Medicine  »
  • The second thing and this is a doozy, is the horrific stomach pains and cramps that made me so sick that I thought I was going to die
  • I was tempted to stop taking the EES after my sore throat went away, but I know that just because the symptoms go away, the infection can still be present and that is why it's so important to finish your antibiotics
  • Well I am very happy that this powerful medication EES got rid of my strep and for that I am grateful, but as far as the side effects are concerned, I was not happy to experience that

• by mom1

For the sake of this review I will refer to this medication by it’s abbreviated name of EES. A while back I had a sore throat that didn’t seem to be going away. As time went on the sore throat got worse and worse and lo and behold, it turned into strep throat.

After getting this diagnosis confirmed via throat culture, the doctor prescribed EES, an antibiotic for the strep throat. She told me to take it for ten days and my throat would feel better and the strep would go away.

This was great because ten days isn’t so bad and the strep would be gone so all was good. Right? Wrong! I went to the pharmacy and picked up my EES and when I got home I went to take one of my antibiotics and was surprised,

horribly surprised to see that these pills were on the large side which I wasn’t too happy about since I could barely swallow my own saliva, let alone a horse pill.

So anyway, I attempted to swallow this hideous pink pill, which by the way, tasted like bitter vanilla. The pill got stuck in my throat and it felt like there was a ball in my throat.

This is the first wretched thing that I had to put up with because of this antibiotic. The second thing and this is a doozy, is the horrific stomach pains and cramps that made me so sick that I thought I was going to die! I thought there was no way I was going to be able to finish ten days of this living you know what.

After the second day on this EES ...

• antibiotic, I called my doctor and she said that this is normal for the EES and just to drink more water and the pains would go away. Drink more water? Hmm.

Well I tried drinking water, until I could no longer even look at water. Did it help? It made me even more sick.

I was more sick from that antibiotic than I was from the actual strep throat. All I could think of was how other people could possible tolerate this medication and how can it still be prescribed as it must have a very low patient compliance record because I’m sure I wasn’t the only one that experienced these side effects.

Anyway, I muddled through the next days feeling like I was going to pass out from the stomach pain. It actually felt like

someone was pressing their fist into the middle of my stomach.

I must say, that even though the stomach pains and cramps were unbelievably horrendous, my sore throat did start to go away after the second day and by the 3rd day of antibiotics it was actually gone. I was tempted to stop taking the EES after my sore throat went away, but I know that just because the symptoms go away, the infection can still be present and that is why it’s so important to finish your antibiotics.

Well I am very happy that this powerful medication EES got rid of my strep and for that I am grateful, but as far as the side effects are concerned, I was not happy to experience that. All in all the medication did what it suppose to do and that was to help my strep throat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26109818521230/k2311a091/9.1.09