Stone House Restaurant & Hotel  » Restaurants  »
RT 40 E Farmington PA 15437
  • I had to mention that because sometimes restaurants don’t have the best seating
  • I wouldn’t recommend their hotel if you had to stay for a few days
  • I decided to take a shower and I had no room to move around

• by Queenbeezie

My husband and I went out of town last week to go to a concert. On the drive home, we were really tired. It was pretty late in the evening by this point. It was actually morning time! We decided to stop at a little restaurant/hotel. We wanted to grab something to eat and rent a room so we could get some sleep. We ended up stopping at Stone House Restaurant & Hotel.

When we first walked into the restaurant, I instantly smelled the aroma of fresh coffee with bacon and eggs. This is a smell that I enjoy! The restaurant has a comfortable feeling to it. The hostess politely seated us. I

ordered bacon and eggs and pancakes. I was hungry! The booths are really comfortable.

I had to mention that because sometimes restaurants don’t have the best seating. The coffee was wonderful. I’m very picky about my coffee so this was a good thing for me. The food was even better. It was honestly the best breakfast I have eaten in ages.

The pancakes were moist. The eggs and the bacon melted in my mouth. My husband ordered waffles with sausage and he wouldn’t stop commenting on how good it was! The service was excellent as well. The waitress kept coming over and checking on us. She kept our drinks filled.

...

• She was very friendly and spoke with us regularly. They have a case full of homemade pies when you walk up to the register to pay. I had to buy the banana cream pie. I haven’t had one and years and it looked so good. I ate it later and it was delicious! It was the best banana cream pie I have ever tasted.

They make everything homemade. My husband and I rented one of their rooms as well. Their rooms aren’t glamorous. It is a small hotel. The room was cozy.

It was small though. We were only staying for a few hours to get some sleep so I didn’t mind

it. I wouldn’t recommend their hotel if you had to stay for a few days. You will be cramped. I decided to take a shower and I had no room to move around.

I kept hitting my elbows off of the wall! The customer service was wonderful. I called the front desk and asked them for towels. They brought them right up to me. They were even warm. That is what I call great customer service.

I was really pleased with that. I have never had a hotel bring me warm towels. I definitely recommend the restaurant. You won’t leave hungry or disappointed. It is full of great food and wonderful customer service.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7109818371230/k2311a091/9.1.09