Burnout Paradise game  » Games  »
  • There were many instances where most games would have hit snags, and slowed down, that this game seemed to plow through without so much as the slightest problem
  • The controller response is amazing, and I rarely felt like the controller was getting in the way of my playing the game
  • This is whay I feel is the best part of the game
  • Best part about the controls, in my opinion, is that they are not sanitized in any way

• by RedEyedFacade

It has been a great many years since I have played racing games with any kind of passion. Racing games seem to have been homogenized, and dumbed down so far that only the most braindead of people could gain any enjoyment from them. Burnout Paradise is a glorious exception to this, and while it does have some major issues, it is probably the most enjoyable racing game I have played since I was a child.

Tha gameplay is spot on. Everything seems to mesh well, and it is nice to play a game that does not fall apart the second it has the chance. There were many instances where most games would have hit snags, and slowed down, that this game seemed to plow through without so much as the

slightest problem. The controller response is amazing, and I rarely felt like the controller was getting in the way of my playing the game. Most of all, the gameplay offers enough variety that you can keep coming back to play the game, without playing the same thing twice. This is whay I feel is the best part of the game. The gameplay works so well, and there is so much variety, that I really felt as though the developers had given me my full money’s worth.

The controls are as spot on as any racing game has ever been. The controller setup is quite well put together, and I never felt as though I was searching for the right button in the right situations. The cars on screen do exactly ...

• what you want them to almost all the time, and everything just really felt comfortable while I was playing it. Best part about the controls, in my opinion, is that they are not sanitized in any way. The game leaves you to your own devices when it comes to the controls.

The graphics and sound are both very well done. The way the cars look, and the way the environments come together, is about as well done as any racing game this generation. The reflections on the cars are particularly good looking, and the way everything in the environment flows together without screen tearing or clipping is a dead sign of good quality design. The soundtrack is one of the best in any game made. The mysuc always seemes to

fit well with the action, and I especially liked being able to turn on only classical music, for a change of pace.

The online element is probably the single best aspect of this game. There is so much you can do that there are hours and hours to spend here. This is the area of the game I spend most of my time in, usually just driving around and doing nothing in particular.

To be fair, the one thing that keeps this game from being truly amazing is that the single player point to point races are painfully boring. Luckily, I barely spent any time on this aspect of the game.

Overall, the game is great. I loved it, and continue to play it more than a year and a half after its release.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 283108818191031/k2311a0831/8.31.09