Cox Cable Television Services  » Business  »
Cox Communications,1400 Lake Hearn Drive, Atlanta, GA 30319
  • As anyone who subscribes to Cox Cable knows, it isn't cheap and one of the most aggravating things about them is that, although their cost seem reasonable when you first get started with them, the fees eventually escalate, especially when you add more premium channels
  • They also don't have Fox Movie Channel and only offer two Christian programming networks, two of the least diverse, in my opinion
  • On the positive side, I will say that Cox is dependable and their customer service, at least in my experience, has been great

• by writinggal

As anyone who subscribes to Cox Cable knows, it isn’t cheap and one of the most aggravating things about them is that, although their cost seem reasonable when you first get started with them, the fees eventually escalate, especially when you add more premium channels. You would think that, with satellite companies, like DirectTV and Dish Network offering lower fees, Cox would at least make an effort to offer its customers competitive pricing. They also don’t have Fox Movie Channel and only

offer two Christian programming networks, two of the least diverse, in my opinion. It seems absurd that Cox would charge almost 3 times as much as what the satellite dish companies charge, when it has less channels available.

On the positive side, I will say that Cox is dependable and their customer service, at least in my experience, has been great. For a brief period, I did switch over to one of the satellite dish companies, because we would be paying only a third ...

• of what we were paying for Cox Cable. They also had about 7 channels that offered Christian programming. Within a matter of days, though, I regretted my decision, because the satellite dish just was not working out. There were constant wiring problems in our apartment building, so that the signal kept going out and we had to go through days with no television. Talk about boring!

That’s when I called Cox and told them we wanted our cable reinstalled. Though I wish they’d

drop their prices, at least Cox Cable works and most technical issues can be handled right from their technical center. When you need someone to come out for service, they respond promptly and, in some cases, handle your concerns the same day, when possible.

I suppose Cox Cable is a somewhat mixed bag for me. I appreciate the good aspects of their service, but, with a bad economy, I really wish they would offer more deals to me, as a loyal consumer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 413108818151031/k2311a0831/8.31.09