Povidone-Iodine Betadine Feminine Wash
  • And when she told this to me I recommended the Avon brand which as far as my experiences is concerned has been helpful but unfortunately this did not work just as well with her
  • Her problem went on to the point that it has already been so bothersome to her
  • With that I got quite impressed so I kept on recommending this product to my friends who encountered the same problem and so far those who have used this have been saying positive feedback too

• by ladyli

I am using Avon brand for my feminine wash and so far it has been working well in keeping my feminine hygiene. However, my younger sister was unable to get the same benefit from it. She suffered infections few weeks ago because of constant using of a toilet paper with which she has developed an allergy. And when she told this to me I recommended the Avon brand which as far as my experiences is concerned has been helpful but unfortunately this did not work just as well with her.

It completely brought no positive result maybe because her case has been so severe already. Her problem went on to the point that it has already been so bothersome to her. There were times the itchiness would rouse him from

sleep and she would almost cry.

She was ashamed to consult an OB-gynecologist and chose to do self-medication. She tried the natural home-made cure such as using vinegar and washing with boiled leaves of guava but these natural methods did not give her permanent solution. It could help temporarily but it did not completely solve her problem.

Well she was unable to help herself and when she could no longer bear the itchiness and irritation she decided to consult the OB-gynecologist who recommended to her this Povidine-Iodine Feminine Wash and oral antibiotics. However, my sister refused to take the antibiotics and instead contented herself with using Povidine-Iodine Feminine wash.

Instead of using the Providine-Iodine only twice a week as advised by the doctor, she used it twice every day.

In the ...

• morning she would wash and then before retiring at night too. In a palm full of water she would put around 3 drops and would work it on her genital till it formed enough lather. She said she could feel the soothing and comforting effect of Betadine when it touched the affected parts.

She would massage the lather for around three minutes before rinsing off with water. The scent has not much difference with the other variant which is used in treating wounds and she believed this would give her the same healing effect. Well it did not really take just overnight for her to get total healing.

After a week she felt great comfort. The itchiness was remarkably lessened. With that improvement she reduced the use into every other day and

after another week she found almost total healing.

Except for some rare itchiness, she felt almost completely recovered. She then used it for only twice a week until she felt she was fully healed. The Povidone-Iodine Betadine Feminine Wash alone was able to cure the irritation completely.

She is now using it not everyday but when she has menstrual period and whenever any slight irritation is felt on her genitals. With that I got quite impressed so I kept on recommending this product to my friends who encountered the same problem and so far those who have used this have been saying positive feedback too. I myself will also use this for sure if and when I got infection too but so far I’ve not gotten such problem yet.

Thanks to my Avon feminine wash!

Erlinda Chan says :

is it ok to use Povidone-Iodine Betadine Feminine wash for pregnant women?

ladyli replies :

I am not sure if this is safe for Pregnant women. I think you should consult your OB-Gyne first.

flora mae says :

i agree,,just consult your ob-gynocologist for your own safe and for the baby,ive done this before when i was pregnant with my 5yrs old son now,i experience itching,and strong odor in me that is normal for pregnant woman,,when i ask my ob he suggest not to take any kind of medicine w/o prescription,,just be clean to your self or have a proper hygiene and drink lots lots of water,

Galega says :

As the name indicates, it contains Betadine.

Betadine is not recommended to be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding stages. You should consult your OBGyne for proper prescription, if there is any sort of urgency.

katherine says :

do i need to remove the whole aluminum cover of the bottle? i think this product is quiet strong that’s why only 2 to 3 drops is prescribed for every use. the amount of every drop will depend on the size of the opening so how plenty is the prescribed 2 to 3 drops? :)

Jennifer Davis says :

If only a few drops are required then no I don’t think you should have to remove the whole aluminum covering. Actually it maybe more helpful if you don’t. I would take a small pair of scissors and poke a whole on either side of the aluminum covering so that you can have better control of how many drops come out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343108817920931/k2311a0831/8.31.09