Baby Ruth Bars  » Food  »
2.0
  • A lot of people claim it to be their favourite candy bar
  • I was too lazy to go buy snacks in the nearest convenient store one time, and in as much as I hate to eat what’s on the hotel fridge (they charge so much for it), I decided to get just one snack item just so I can go back to sleep
  • I know it’s fresh but it had some kind of stale aftertaste in it
  • I thought I would miss Baby Ruth, I just realized I couldn’t like that bar one bit
  • Whether I would recommend it or now, it depends on how sweet tooth you are

• by patofgold23

I know Baby Ruths are very popular. A lot of people claim it to be their favourite candy bar. I did eat Babyruth when I was little. Not that I liked it, but it’s because that’s what everybody’s eating. Even then, I couldn’t understand how people could love this bar so much when I find it too sweet and it flakes off so much. I used to ask for Snickers and when I do, it makes me hate Baby Ruth even more since it kinda taste like a cheap imitation of Snickers.

So it had been years since I

last had that bar. I went to travel one time, and got a nice hotel room with a fridge in it. I was too lazy to go buy snacks in the nearest convenient store one time, and in as much as I hate to eat what’s on the hotel fridge (they charge so much for it), I decided to get just one snack item just so I can go back to sleep. I took the Baby Ruth. I had to admit I felt a little excited opening the bar coz it had been so long since I last ...

• tasted it.

I was so disappointed with Baby Ruth. I might not like this candy from the very start. But they had become worse. When I was a kid I used to complain that the bar is hard as a brick. Now they are now soft and mushy in the middle. Worse than that, it had become sweeter but cheap-tasting, like they cut off on the chocolate and loaded the bas with tons of sugar instead. By tooth literally hurt before I could even finish half of the bar.

And the nougat in the middle kinda tasted different too. I

know it’s fresh but it had some kind of stale aftertaste in it. It still looked the same though. And worse, it still looks like Snickers imitation. I thought I would miss Baby Ruth, I just realized I couldn’t like that bar one bit.

Whether I would recommend it or now, it depends on how sweet tooth you are. A lot of people may find this bar really good. I think it’s just not my type. So my rating would have to be my personal preference, and I would give it a 4. That’s how I think it’s worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273108817670931/k2311a0831/8.31.09