Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Cleansing Pads  » Cosmetics  »
  • Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Cleansing Pads are a great product, but they are very strong and in my opinion they need to be used in conjunction with at least one other product—a product that has benzoyl peroxide as its active ingredient—in order to be effective against moderate or severe acne
  • If you do have sensitive skin, you may want to avoid this product because each pad is 2% salicylic acid and that is extremely strong

• by LaurieBethsGrotto

Anyone who knows the basics about acne treatment knows that the two primary ingredients in most products are salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide. Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Cleansing Pads are a great product, but they are very strong and in my opinion they need to be used in conjunction with at least one other product—a product that has benzoyl peroxide as its active ingredient—in order to be

effective against moderate or severe acne.

I use these pads in conjunction with another salicylic acid product, St.

Ives Apricot Scrub, and with Clearasil Vanishing Cream, my benzoyl peroxide product.

I use one pad per day, but if you do not have sensitive skin, and you’re not using another salicylic acid product as I am, then there is no reason why you shouldn’t use one pad ...

• in the morning and another before bed.

If you do have sensitive skin, you may want to avoid this product because each pad is 2% salicylic acid and that is extremely strong.

The active ingredient is very drying, so if you have combination skin like I do you might want to skip a day occasionally to avoid dryness and irritation, and/or use a moisturizer on the

dry areas of your face.

This method works for me.

I will say that the three day guarantee is very misleading, because unless you are using this product in conjunction with a benzoyl peroxide product as recommended, your skin will not improve in three days.

Overall it is effective, but unless you have very mild acne this product will not be enough on its own.

Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Cleansing Pads
    Kelly says :

I have been Using Clearasil Ultra Deep pore cleansing ultra rapid acting pads for 2 months now. In my opinion that are great The only thing is that I have been using them with Proactiv. When I have no more proactiv left which product do I use to help boost clear skin? I don`t want proactiv again. I was considering a cream for the clearasil line of products but I am not sure. Or could I just use the pads by them selves since my acne is basically gone?

LaurieBeth replies :

Proactiv is expensive but has the same active ingredients as anything else you can buy over the counter for acne. If the Clearasil pads aren’t enough, get Neutrogena Advanced Solutions or something that is cheaper than Proactiv but is essentially the same thing.

Galega says :

After using Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore, I would suggest you to use a herbal product. The best recommendation will be an Aloe Vera based facial product. Proactive is quite costly and doesn’t add any thing special in the basket. Aloe Vera based gel, face pack or cream will do the same and will also protect your skin from any adverse reactions.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313108817520931/k2311a0831/8.31.09