Avril Lavigne - Let Go  » Music  »
  • I heard it on the radio today and it brought this album to the front of my mind and I thought that it was probably about time that I reviewed it
  • It’s all been done before but at least Avril put this song in original style and she definitely has a unique voice although many have tried to copy her sound since
  • To be honest, I actually really don’t like this song but I had to mention it because I know that it was so popular with so many people when it was first released
  • It is the perfect ending to what I can only call an interesting album
  • Thee is something to suit everyone’s taste and I think that it was worth every penny, I’ve had it for quite a few years and I still love it

• by zoeeb

Avril Lavigne has been in the music industry for quite a while now. I remember when her first hit single ‘Complicated’ was released and I can also remember singing along to it! I heard it on the radio today and it brought this album to the front of my mind and I thought that it was probably about time that I reviewed it. I have no shame in admitting that I’m not usually a fan of pop music, but I don’t think that there is one person in the country who can say that they don’t like at least one Avril Lavigne track.

So, here goes. The fist track that I feel as if I should mention is the track that first introduced

me to Avril Lavigne; ‘Complicated’.

To be honest, there is nothing that really stands out about this song, or anything that sets it apart from the rest of the music released around the same time as this, it is just a really good pop song and also one that catapaulted her into mainstream success and gained her hordes of fans and awards. The song isn’t very upbeat; it is one of those angsty, teenage, soft rock songs that tells the story of young love.

It’s all been done before but at least Avril put this song in original style and she definitely has a unique voice although many have tried to copy her sound since! I won’t say to listen to this track ...

• because I’m sure that everyone has heard it by now, it has been around for a while. The next track, predictable as it may be, has to be ‘Sk8er Boi’.

Why it has such an unusual spelling I’m not sure but I’d take a wild, or maybe not so wild, guess at it being something to do with attracting younger listeners! To be honest, I actually really don’t like this song but I had to mention it because I know that it was so popular with so many people when it was first released. Again, it is another one of those angsty, teen, rock-pop songs with some cheesy riffs and predictable lyrics, but, all that said, it is a good track, it must

be because it wouldn’t have become so popular if Avril wasn’t doing something right!

The last track, and one that I actually love, is the closing track; ‘Naked’.

This track shows a totally different side of Avril. A more vulnerable and much more honest approach to song writing and then end result is a beautifully written and performed soft-rock ballad.

It is the perfect ending to what I can only call an interesting album. Any fan of pop will like this song, I’m sure.

Overall, I would really recommend this album for any fan or follower of pop or rock music. Thee is something to suit everyone’s taste and I think that it was worth every penny, I’ve had it for quite a few years and I still love it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 143108816950831/k2311a0831/8.31.09