Off Insect Repellent Spray  » Health  »
  • I think that is one of the only reasons why I like living out here in the desert of America
  • The second thing I noticed was that it was very greasy and slick, almost as bad as sweat feels
  • I know that they now have products that spray on dry and also a clip on that all you do is clip it to your clothes and that keeps away the mosquitoes

• by onerios13

There was a time roughly about six years ago when I was visiting relatives in Taiwan. It was summer time and if you know anything about that part of the world, then you know that its very humid and tropical and that it comes complete with deadly insects such as blood sucking mosquitoes. And I absolutely abhor mosquitoes. I think that is one of the only reasons why I like living out here in the desert of America.

It is because I have yet to be bitten by a mosquito. But you won’t ever have such luck if you live in a place like Taiwan where I swear they also have new undiscovered breeds of killer mosquitoes. In any case, we were always outside because

that is what you do for relaxation in Taiwan.

You go hike up a mountain or climb some hills. I know. They are very weird over there.

Well, my mother’s brother and wife invited me to go with them and my cousins to do some mountain climbing. I said sure, never knowing that they really meant ‘climb a mountain’. By the time we got to the top of the mountain, I was dead tired, sweaty and covered in mosquito bites which was even more irritated by the constant sweat running over them.

I finally asked someone if anyone had some insect repellent and my cousin handed me over some Off insect repellent spray. I carefully poured water over my legs and arms, then patted them dry ...

• with some napkins and then sprayed myself from head to toe with this insect repellent. The first thing that hit me was the smell.

It’s not a bad smell but it can get very choking because of the strong scent and I had to bury my nose in my shirt as I sprayed it over myself. The second thing I noticed was that it was very greasy and slick, almost as bad as sweat feels. But nevertheless, despite the smell and feel of this stuff, I lathered myself with the spray and then started down the mountain.

And honestly, I don’t know if it is the smell or the greasiness of the spray, but I hardly got a single bug bite by the time I

made it home. But the stuff is really uncomfortable on your skin and as soon as I could, I showered the stuff off of me with a quickness. I know that they now have products that spray on dry and also a clip on that all you do is clip it to your clothes and that keeps away the mosquitoes.

To me that is genius because although I know this stuff works to keep you mosquito free, it just felt super greasy on the skin. If I ever go visit my relatives in Taiwan again, I will be sure to bring along either the dry spray or the clip on. That way, I won’t get any of those nasty bug bites AND still stand to be in my own skin!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343108816700731/k2311a0831/8.31.09