NV Energy  » Business  »
0.5
6226 West Sahara Avenue Las Vegas, Nevada 89146
  • I remember when my bill during the winter barely hit thirty bucks, but now, with the price hike, just HAVING electricity (not using, just applying for it) will cost that much even if you never turn on a light or a TV
  • And it's not that I can't understand what they want, but they need to back off and reconsider this expansion for a later date when times aren't so tough and they definitely need to reconsider the amount they want to raise in their prices
  • But my problem with this company is its ethics and uncontrollable greed

• by onerios13

There is a reason why monopolies are a bad thing for the consumers. It’s great for the business, I’m sure, but it’s terrible for the people who have to use the service yet can’t go anywhere else for their needs. And if my memory serves me correctly, I really thought that back in the 1920’s or 30’s, the government banned monopolies for that very reason.

Well, I guess someone forgot to mention that to NV Energy, the corporation that is responsible for providing electricity to the good people of Las Vegas, Nevada and parts of California. Honestly, I hate this company.

I feel they are just trying to suck the life and money out of the residence of Las Vegas. Earlier this year, they were asking the Nevada legislation to allow them to

tack on a twenty-seven percent hike to their already exorbitant prices.

I was stunned to hear this even though their people were saying that this hike was needed in order to build their own energy sources rather than purchase it from other states. However, I don’t know if I really believe them.

I mean, it’s already ridiculous to have to pay over 170 dollars a month for a one bedroom apartment. I remember when my bill during the winter barely hit thirty bucks, but now, with the price hike, just HAVING electricity (not using, just applying for it) will cost that much even if you never turn on a light or a TV.

It’s ridiculous I tell you. I honestly am considering moving out to the middle of nowhere and getting some tall wind ...

• mill and having wind energy.

It’ll probably cost less than what I’m paying now! I just wish this mammoth company would realize that a lot of people in Las Vegas are hurting, really hurting, from one of the highest unemployment rates as well as being the number one foreclosed homes in America. This is just NOT the time to ask for a price hike, even if it is for the sake of prosperity.

And it’s not that I can’t understand what they want, but they need to back off and reconsider this expansion for a later date when times aren’t so tough and they definitely need to reconsider the amount they want to raise in their prices. I just honestly feel like we’re being gouged too deeply by this monopoly and I wish

there were other energy companies that we could go to when we got tired of this company’s nonsense.

As far as the power goes, it’s not a bad company. I’ve never had any outrages and everything works well.

But my problem with this company is its ethics and uncontrollable greed. Of their refusal to understand the woes of the common man and woman and how they are trying their best to squeeze blood out of a turnip.

It really grinds my gears, as the saying goes, and that is why this is one of the most hated companies in the entire Las Vegas Valley. And I’ll tell you one more thing, if they don’t change their ways and their price hikes, they will continue to be one of the most hated company’s in perpetuity.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 413108816620731/k2311a0831/8.31.09