Viactiv Calcium Chews (Caramel)
  • Even when I was a kid, I never drank a lot of milk because I think I'm highly lactose intolerant
  • And I have tried calcium pills in the past, but with not a lot of success as I hate to swallow pills and I know that if you get your calcium through pills, you'll end up only absorbing thirty percent of the calcium from those pills
  • But one day when I was at GNC getting some supplements, I noticed that they had on the shelves a deep purple tin that said Viactiv Calcium Chews and that it came in chocolate and caramel flavors
  • Well, I thought to myself, what can I lose
  • I have used these chews on and off for several years now and I highly recommend them for their ease and yummy taste

• by onerios13

I have never been a milk drinker. Really. Even when I was a kid, I never drank a lot of milk because I think I’m highly lactose intolerant.

Of course when I was younger, it was just because I hated the taste of milk…well, except when I ate Oreo cookies, because then, it tasted pretty good! But because I was never really into milk, I have worried that to date I haven’t gotten all the calcium I’ve needed. Because of this, I do try to get in some lactose-free milk every now and then, and I do eat cheese and for the most part am a cheese fan, but tend to get it in sporadically, and it’s something that I have to consciously remind myself to eat.

This is the same with yogurt and all dairy foods,

so now that I am getting longer in the tooth, I do have some concerns over how my bones will be in the next twenty years if I don’t start getting in the calcium I need. And according to research, women of Asian decent are already prone to osteoporosis and have more reported hip breakage than other women of other races, so yet again, something else to worry about beside taxes and the ozone layer.

And I have tried calcium pills in the past, but with not a lot of success as I hate to swallow pills and I know that if you get your calcium through pills, you’ll end up only absorbing thirty percent of the calcium from those pills. It’s far better to get calcium from your foods, but as I said before, that’s tough ...

• for me to do.

But one day when I was at GNC getting some supplements, I noticed that they had on the shelves a deep purple tin that said Viactiv Calcium Chews and that it came in chocolate and caramel flavors. I was immediately intrigued because here was a product that had the necessary daily calcium requirements but it came in a chewy tasty treat.

Well, I thought to myself, what can I lose? So I got a tin and took it to the cashier along with my other purchases. When I got it home, I unwrapped one of the chews and tossed it in my mouth.

First off, I have to say that these are some very yummy chews, and second of all, it didn’t feel like I was doing anything healthy for my body. In

fact, I felt a little bit naughty because these tasted so good! In fact, I think I ate far more than I was suppose to because my mouth was totally in love with these chews.

Now, I don’t know if these gave me all the missing calcium I needed, but I will say that these are an excellent way of getting calcium in if you are like me and don’t get enough milk or dairy products in. They are delicious and so it’s very easy to remember to eat them.

I have used these chews on and off for several years now and I highly recommend them for their ease and yummy taste. You really won’t even know you’re getting your daily dose of calcium in and will just believe that you’re enjoying a wonderfully good treat for the day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343108816610731/k2311a0831/8.31.09