Hormel Compleats - Salisbury Steak
  • After successful purchases and uses of Hormel Compleats Spaghetti and Meat Loaf varieties, I decided to try out their Salisbury Steak option
  • However, it taste good, the best I've ever had
  • I love potatoes, and these were perfectly sliced and cooked very well
  • I've had a little bit of a problem with the Meat Loaf's mashed potatoes accompaniment, but these so far have been totally cooked every time

• by Orrymain

After successful purchases and uses of Hormel Compleats Spaghetti and Meat Loaf varieties, I decided to try out their Salisbury Steak option.

Hormel Compleats - Salisbury Steak comes with sliced potatoes and gravy. My single complaint about this microwaveable meal is the gravy. There’s just too much of it. I’m not a gravy person, but just like the Meat Loaf option, the

Salisbury Steak container is loaded with gravy. It’s just way too much. On the good side, I normally hate gravy and that in itself would keep me from buying these meat versions of Hormel Compleats. However, it taste good, the best I’ve ever had. Therefore, I’m okay with it.

The sliced potatoes were awesome. I love potatoes, and these were ...

• perfectly sliced and cooked very well. I’ve had a little bit of a problem with the Meat Loaf’s mashed potatoes accompaniment, but these so far have been totally cooked every time. The steak was tender and tasty.

What I love about Hormel Compleats is that you just pop it in the microwave for a couple of minutes, and it’s done, coming out piping

hot. The worst part is that you do have to puncture the top for venting. The problem is that the protective cover is a hard plastic and is very difficult to puncture. I just haven’t figured out how to get around it yet.

I am completely happy with Hormel Compleats - Salisbury Steak and will be buying it again. It works for me.

Ron Millican says :

re : I’ve had a little bit of a problem with the Meat Loaf’s mashed potatoes accompaniment, but these so far have been totally cooked every time
    Salisbury Steak was excellent, will definitely buy it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273008816101231/k2311a0830/8.30.09