Southwest Airlines  » Airlines  »
  • However, the one story that reverberates through my mind whenever I think about this airline is the time my aunt told me about the time she and my youngest cousin were about to go somewhere and they had booked the flight on Southwest
  • Of course, times have changed and now I believe they group you with a letter like A B or C, and those in the A line can go first and get seats first and so forth and so on
  • But that is what I like about this airline

• by onerios13

I have always flown Southwest mostly because of the fact that they tend to have better prices than other airlines and they have gained an almost mythic reputation with their loyal frequent fliers. However, the one story that reverberates through my mind whenever I think about this airline is the time my aunt told me about the time she and my youngest cousin were about to go somewhere and they had booked the flight on Southwest. At the time, my cousin was very young and impressionable and like all kids was ready to believe anything an adult would tell them.

Well my aunt, being my aunt, told him that they were going to fly ‘first class’ on Southwest which he later boasted to me over

the phone over that fact. But my aunt laughed when I told her what he told me because she said that the reason why she told him that it was first class was because ALL the seats on Southwest was ‘first class’ meaning there were no class distinction as they were all one class.

I laugh at the memory now because it is so true and one of the things I do like about this airline. It truly is an equal opportunity airline and first come and first serve mentality.

Of course, times have changed and now I believe they group you with a letter like A B or C, and those in the A line can go first and get seats first and so forth ...

• and so on. However, the airline is still fair overall and the seats are comfortable and slightly larger than the other seats on other airlines.

The service is also very good, which is nothing to sneeze at now that airlines have cut everything to the bone in order to stay competitive and profitable. But that is what I like about this airline.

I never seem to feel that they are out to gouge you out of your money, and I deeply appreciate that. I also like Southwest airline flight attendants because they are always very cheerful and funny.

I also like how they are starting to have the people who do the in-flight spiel at the beginning of the flight are either doing a semi-comedic

stand up monologue or on some of the flights doing raps about how to buckle your seat belts. I think it’s an innovative approach to keeping people’s attention as well as promoting the uniqueness of this airline.

Now is it the very best airline out there? Perhaps not, because I have ridden in many better equipped airlines, but Southwest is still a favorite because I never know what to expect when it comes to their service and philosophy. But overall, the one thing that I DO know that I can count on is quality service from very kooky people who apparently love their job and also for the most part, a very decent air ride for a fairly decent price.

Nothing more you can ask for nowadays.

Southwest Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 403008816041231/k2311a0830/8.30.09