Busch Gardens (Williamsburg, VA)  » Travel  »
1 Busch Gardens Blvd Williamsburg, VA 23185
  • Plus, my aunt was co-owner of this sushi restaurant that had the best Japanese food in town and we would always go there for a big dinner where the cooks would preform while they made dinner for all of us
  • Me and my friend got special bracelets that allowed us unlimited rides to practically every ride in the park and we definitely got our money's worth
  • But honestly, I think the Big Bad Wolf was better because instead of riding in a coaster, you hung from the car so that your legs dangled down in the thin air while a huge harness tucked you into your seat

• by onerios13

When I was in my teens, I would always go visit my aunt and cousins in Virginia Beach, Virgina in the summers. I always had a great time going to the beach and also all the shopping malls surrounding the area.

Plus, my aunt was co-owner of this sushi restaurant that had the best Japanese food in town and we would always go there for a big dinner where the cooks would preform while they made dinner for all of us.

But one summer, one of my aunt’s friends invited me to go with her and her son, who I had known since childhood, to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Virgina.

I had never been there before and I honestly didn’t make the connection that this place was created by Busch brand beer.

I hesitated because I had seriously never known anyone who had gone there but when I was told that

it was a theme park and that it had tons of rides and activities like Six Flags, I completely changed my mind and said YES! I had always loved going to amusement parks and am totally addicted to things rides like roller coasters and basically any contraption that would move up, down, sideways and backwards.

I had been like ever since I was a tiny tyke and my parents used to take me to the City Faire every year.

So away we went, traveling about forty-five minutes or so to get to Busch Gardens, and once there I seriously thought I had died and gone to heaven! I had of course gone to both Disneyland and Disney World and the one thing that everyone hates is waiting in line forever to do a five minute ride.

However, back then, not a lot of people went to Busch Gardens and the place was ...

• far less crowded.

Me and my friend got special bracelets that allowed us unlimited rides to practically every ride in the park and we definitely got our money’s worth! My favorite two rides had to be the Lochness Monster and the Big Bad Wolf.

I must have road each of those rides a dozen times a piece because it was so much fun.

But honestly, I think the Big Bad Wolf was better because instead of riding in a coaster, you hung from the car so that your legs dangled down in the thin air while a huge harness tucked you into your seat.

And the way the roller coaster was created, it swung back and forth so it looked like you were going to hit a pole or pillar and that made the ride even MORE enjoyable! Also, you swung through a small village of little pigs and it was

just darling all around.

Plus, they had water rides and a pirate ship that swung back and forth until you wanted to beg them to let you off because your stomach was near your throat, but man, it was so much fun! I haven’t been in years, but I will always remember that place as the most fun I have ever had in an amusement park and I urge you, especially if you have kids, to go to one if you can.

It’s cheaper than Disney, and it has great rides and because it’s less crowded, everyone will have a chance to ride the same rides more than once without having to wait an hour between each ride.

Honestly, I can’t wait to go see my aunt in Virginia Beach again, whenever that will be, and not just because I will get the chance to see my family, but also head out for Busch Gardens!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 383008816031231/k2311a0830/8.30.09