Alavert Non-Drowsy Allergy Relief Fresh Mint  » Medicine  »
  • But if I ever do get allergies outdoors, I think I will bring some just because of the fact you don't need water to wash them down, which is a good thing when you're outdoors

• by onerios13

About a few weeks ago, I went with some friends and went camping down at Lake Mead in Las Vegas. The weather was super hot but at the same time it was very nice down near the water. However, my allergies started to kick up and near sundown, my entire sinuses felt like they were clogged and ready to explode.

I was honestly feeling very miserable, and kept sneezing and coughing up a storm. I was also very upset because no one wants to do camping stuff and then have to be knocked down by stupid allergies! And I had nothing on me either as I didn’t expect to have such a strong allergic attack because I rarely get that way.

However, this summer I should have known better because for some reason, my allergies were going haywire

and I was getting a lot more attacks than I have had in the past. In any case, I asked my friend if she had anything on her like Benedryl or Claritin-D or something similar.

She said no, but she did have some Alavert on hand and she’d give me one if I really needed it. Now I had seen the commercials for Alavert on TV and I always thought that it was a cool idea to have medicine that would just dissolve on your tongue so you didn’t have to have water in order to take it.

I said sure, and asked for one. She gave me a small pill and told me it was a fresh mint Alavert, and that it had a cool mint taste to it.

She said she liked it because of the fact ...

• she could take it anywhere and also it was non-drowsy and that it worked very well for her. I thanked her and popped the pill into my mouth.

Almost instantly, the little pill started to dissolve and amazingly I didn’t taste anything medicinal. It had a pleasant mint taste to it and less than a minute later it was totally dissolved.

It was impressive and if nothing else I give two thumbs up because it does as it says it will, which is disappear without you needed to wash it down with water. I did have some water afterward however, just because I had some bottled water nearby, but it was just because I was thirsty and not because I had to wash the pill down with water.

In any case, I started feeling better after close to

twenty or thirty minutes. Now it really didn’t work as well as I had hoped it would, but it certainly took the edge off of my sneezing and the itchy watering eyes part.

I still felt under the weather and I still had problems breathing comfortably through my nose, but it did take the worse of the symptoms away. Since then, I have gone online and found a dollar off coupon for Alavert.

I don’t know if I am going to get some now though, as summer is starting to wane and my allergies are a lot better than they were about a few weeks ago. But if I ever do get allergies outdoors, I think I will bring some just because of the fact you don’t need water to wash them down, which is a good thing when you’re outdoors.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263008816021231/k2311a0830/8.30.09