Every Extend Extra game  » Games  »
1.0
  • While I have never been a big puzzle game fan, I decided to pick up Every Extend Extra because it was in the bargain bin
  • I have played through it out of complete boredom, but the journey getting there was slow, boring, and unsatisfying
  • I was impressed to see the level of detail that went into designing the little animations that you find throughout the game, and even with the very small PSP screen, it still manages to keep your eyes interested
  • The sound, which changes depending on how well you are playing, is extremely satisfying and interesting
  • If I were looking for nothing but an original game, I would probably consider buying Every Extend Extra

• by RedEyedFacade

While I have never been a big puzzle game fan, I decided to pick up Every Extend Extra because it was in the bargain bin. The game looks and sounds very nice, but the gameplay itself is frustrating and less than exciting. I have played through it out of complete boredom, but the journey getting there was slow, boring, and unsatisfying.

The sound and visuals of this game are really top notch. I was impressed to see the level of detail that went into designing the little animations that you find throughout the game, and even with the very small PSP screen, it still manages to keep your eyes interested. The many small explosions and movements work well together without even the slightest amount of screen tearing or slow down. The sound, which changes depending on how well you

are playing, is extremely satisfying and interesting. I found myself actually wanting to wear my headphones while playing this game just so I could hear all the small changes in the music.

The gameplay is a different story. There is a level of frustration involved while playing this game that is just too much to deal with. The learning curve is steep, and the level of difficulty is unrelenting. The first time I played this game, I figured I was doing awful because I had never played it before. A few days later, and almost no progress made, made me realize that the poor design of the gameplay keeps you from ever doing well. I found myself only able to play it for ten to twenty minutes at a time, only because I would get so frustrated that I ...

• would want to hurl my PSP against a wall.

As far as the enjoyment gained from playing this game, there is none. The level designs are boring and never variate from the first levels design. You know exactly what to expect before you start a new level, and this takes away from any enjoyment you could potentially have. The game is just flat out boring, and there is not much more I can say on the subject. If you think that you will have any fun while playing this game, then I beg you to reconsider what your definition of fun is.

One thing I will give this game is that it is very original. Even if the game is boring and frustratingly hard, at the very least, it resembles no other game on the market. I may go as

far as to assume that this is because most game developers know better than to make a game so awful, but maybe it is just me, and I do not get it. If I were looking for nothing but an original game, I would probably consider buying Every Extend Extra.

To be more to the point, I just did not find this game fun at all. The sound design and visuals are very good for a portable game, but there is just absolutely nothing that will made me actually want to play the game at all. The fact that the gameplay is relentlessly hard is not helped by the fact that it is equally as boring. I have to say that, even though I purchased Every Extend Extra from the bargain bin, I wasted more money on it than I should have.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 283008815871231/k2311a0830/8.30.09