Nicorette Quit Smoking Patches  » Health  »
  • I didn't expect it to work, so I was surprised to realize that I lasted 24 hours (the time these patches lasted for) without feeling any stress or craving

• by karmageddon

When I first tried these patches to give up smoking I got a painful raised red rash where I had stuck them to my skin. I called the company help line and was told that I had a reaction to the adhesive used and that I should discontinue use.

About a year later I was staying with a friend who had recently given up smoking. So that I wouldn’t be a bad influence on her she gave me a patch that she had left over and wanting to help her I put it on. I didn’t

expect it to work, so I was surprised to realize that I lasted 24 hours (the time these patches lasted for) without feeling any stress or craving.

Since a lack of willpower is the reason that I continue to smoke I have since bought the 24 hour patches (they also come in 16 hour strength so that you don’t wear them while you are asleep) and found that they have worked well for me over a few days, although after several attempts and managing to cut down to just under half what I used to smoke ...

• (10-15 a day) I am still a smoker.

I will confess that I have bought patches when I am going on a long trip by train because there is no opportunity to get off and have a cigarette. In this situation I have found that they make the trip a lot more pleasant and caused it to pass a lot faster because I can go to sleep, something I could not manage to do with much success without the patches.

I have found that the patches usually stick well even when worn in the shower. Occasionally I

have had to put a band aid over them because they have fallen off before they were finished.

I have not found that they are as effective in reducing cravings as they are on the first day by the time I reach the second or third day. Withdrawal symptoms have become more noticeable by then particularly fatigue and difficulty concentrating.

I haven’t had any further reactions to the patches. The only side effect that I have had is very strange vivid dreams while I am using them. These have gone away when I am not wearing a patch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343008815851231/k2311a0830/8.30.09