Giving you the Best that I’ve Got: Anita Baker (music album)  » Music  »
  • IN the nineties, I never really paid much attention and I thought she was boring
  • At the time, some of these songs would come from her album Giving you the Best that I've Got
  • At the time I absolutely hated hearing those songs, but these days, I think that Giving You the Best that I've Got , one of her older albums is one of the best soul albums I have ever heard
  • I love not only her voice and the music int he songs, but I love the style of her singing which I think is a mixture of pretty, soulful and unusual
  • Even though I'm not a soul music fan, I would definitely recommend it to people who love soul music

• by Redtape

Despite the fact that I’m mostly into rock music and the hard rock and heavy metal subculture, I actually grew up around soul music. This means that back when I was a child in the nineteen nineties, I would contstantly hear the music of different soul artistes, especially those which were popular in the nineteen nineties and nineteen eighties play regularly on the radio.

One of these soul artistes was a woman named Anita Baker who I understand recently came to the Air Jamaica

Jazz and Blues Festival as a guest star.

IN the nineties, I never really paid much attention and I thought she was boring.

Her songs used to play so much too, that I was also wishing half of the time that something else but soul music would play on the radio.

At the time, some of these songs would come from her album “Giving you the Best that I’ve Got”.

At the time I absolutely hated hearing those songs, but these days, I think ...

• that “Giving You the Best that I’ve Got”, one of her older albums is one of the best soul albums I have ever heard.

I love not only her voice and the music int he songs, but I love the style of her singing which I think is a mixture of pretty, soulful and unusual.

It was very different from a lot of the other soul music which I’ve heard that was released in the late eighties.

The album, “Giving you the

Best that I’ve Got” is comprised of songs such as the title track, “Giving You the Best that I’ve Got” which was a massive hit, “Lead Me into Love”, “Rules”, “You Belong to Me”, “Just Because” and “Good Love”.

Even though I’m not a soul music fan, I would definitely recommend it to people who love soul music.

Her lyrics in the songs on in the album are not stock full of explicit sexual content like quite a number of soul music nowadays is either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 143008815411131/k2311a0830/8.30.09