District 9 movie  » Movies  »
  • I had seen the advertisements on television and I had known that it was going to be a Science Fiction film with aliens, and I had known that my favourite producer and director, Peter Jackson was going to produce the film
  • Even though I think that the movie District 9 could have been a little more exciting with a more captivating plot and characters, I still thought that the movie was worth watching
  • It was during the second part of the film, which was when the man started turning into a prawn that things became really interesting

• by Redtape

Before I went to see District 9 last Friday in the movie theatre, I actually had no idea what it was going to be about. I had seen the advertisements on television and I had known that it was going to be a Science Fiction film with aliens, and I had known that my favourite producer and director, Peter Jackson was going to produce the film. That was the main reason why I had wanted to watch it.

worth watching. It started out a bit slow at first to the point where I had seen at least two people in the theatre fall asleep, and even though I was trying to be patient the thought crossed my mind as to whether I had actually wasted money on the movie. The first part was done like a documentary whereas it showed different people being interviewed about what had happened when the aliens or “prawns” as they called them first landed on earth, and then the movie progressed into being in movie format. It was during the second part of the film, which was when the man started ...

• turning into a prawn that things became really interesting. It does not have much action parts, and major action scenes in the movie came in the second part of the film. My personal favourite was when the robot that the prawn made collected all the bullets from the guns the Nigerians were shooting at it, paused and shot them all again with it. I also think that the movie has some amount of meaning to it where it shows that humans are a very destructive organism.

The movie is a twist on the cliche science fiction plot of having aliens land on earth for the first time, whereas, an

alien mothership landed in South Africa and the aliens, or “prawns” as the people called them were mistreated by humans and the government for years. They live in ghettoes and scavenge for catfood in junkyards and from Nigeraian scammers. The humans did not want them in their country and immediately I was reminded of trials which many modern day immigrants and refugees face when they go to live in first world countries. The main plot of the movie though, focuses on a man working for the SOuth African government who turns in a prawn when he discovers a strange device a prawn made which he thinks is a weapon.

District 9 movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113008815401131/k2311a0830/8.30.09