Alka Seltzer
  • I decided to buy the Alka Seltzer and keep it on hand at home, in case I got an upset stomach or heartburn
  • Actually, I think I really bought it for the sentimental value of it
  • I didn't really plan on taking it because the thought of drinking fizzy medication when your sick to your stomach as it is, was not to appealing to me, but since I really wanted to feel better, I thought I'd give it a try
  • The Alka Seltzer did make me burp a little, so maybe that was the problem
  • I highly recommend Alka Seltzer for the relief of indigestion, upset stomach, headache and any other mild to moderate pain relief

• by mom1

Alka Seltzer has been a familiar product to me ever since I can remember. I can remember my father taking Alka Seltzer thirty years ago. That familiar plopping sound of the Alka Seltzer tablets into a glass of cold water, and the the fizzing sound. I still remember the lemony smell of it. About a month ago, I was at my local drug store looking for another product, and as I was browsing the shelves, I came upon Alka Seltzer.

I really didn’t even know that they still made it. I don’t see commercials of television for it anymore, nor do I see any print advertisements or coupons for Alka Seltzer. Well, when I saw the box of it, memories of my father taking the stuff flooded back to me. I decided to buy the Alka Seltzer and keep it on hand at home, in case I got an upset stomach or heartburn.

My father even used it for a headache. Well, the

day came one day after work, that I got really bad indigestion. I don’t know if it was something that I ate, but I was sick to my stomach and with that came a bad headache. It wasn’t a migraine headache that I sometimes get, but more like a tension headache.

I didn’t have anything to take for the indigestion, but I did remember that I had purchased the Alka Seltzer a while back so I decided to try it. Actually, I think I really bought it for the sentimental value of it. I didn’t really plan on taking it because the thought of drinking fizzy medication when your sick to your stomach as it is, was not to appealing to me, but since I really wanted to feel better, I thought I’d give it a try. Well I opened the package and plopped two round white tablets into a cool half glass of water, and let it fizz.

As I brought the glass up to ...

• my mouth to drink it, the fizzy bubbles tickled my nose and that familiar lemon smell really brought me back. I didn’t find the taste all that unpleasant, and I was able to finish it. Lo and behold, about 30 minutes later, my upset stomach was gone. It was 100% gone and my headache felt better too.

The Alka Seltzer did make me burp a little, so maybe that was the problem. I did discover that the reason my headache went away too, was because Alka Seltzer contains aspirin. So you get kind of a two for one bonus. I was now a huge fan of Alka Seltzer.

Like father, like daughter. About a week later, my hubby was working in the yard and he twisted his back that caused him lower back pain. When I suggested that he try Alka Seltzer, he laughed and said that he didn’t have an upset stomach. I told him that Alka Seltzer contained aspirin and that

it is effective on pain.

I reminded him that it had relieved my headache and that he should try it. Reluctantly, he took two tablets with a glass of water and waited. He was not expecting any pain relief for his back and he told me so. Well, about 45 minutes later, he was in for a surprise, because his back pain was much better.

The pain wasn’t totally gone, but it the Alka Seltzer took away much of the pain. He could not believe it. He is now a believer in Alka Seltzer. I highly recommend Alka Seltzer for the relief of indigestion, upset stomach, headache and any other mild to moderate pain relief.

Even though Alka Seltzer is an over the counter medication, speak to your doctor or health care provide to make sure Alka Seltzer is safe for you to take. Remember, it does contain aspirin, so it might react with other medications that you are taking, or it can cause side effects or adverse reactions.

Alka Seltzer

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263008815261131/k2311a0830/8.30.09