50 First Dates  » Movies  »
  • I'm usually not the type to fall for romantic comedies because they tend to be predictable and sometimes even stupid, in my opinion
  • When I found out that Adam Sandler actually asked them to remake the Cure's Love Song just for the movie I thought that was so amazing

• by LissaK

AOL Messenger (required to be logged into AIM)

I’m usually not the type to fall for romantic comedies because they tend to be predictable and sometimes even stupid, in my opinion. This idea, however, did not pertain to the movie 50 First Dates.

I fell in love with this movie the first time I saw it a few years ago and I fall in love each time I’ve seen it after that.

This

is what captivates me about the movie: the idea of unrelenting love.

Henry, played by Adam Sandler ends up falling in love with Lucy, played by Drew Barrymore.

He then finds out that Lucy wakes up everyday not remembering the previous day because she can’t create new memories outside of the day of the car accident that caused her brain damage.

Regardless of this, Henry ...

• loves her anyway, and makes her fall in love with him every day.

The whole island theme of the movie appealed to me as well.

I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii because I’ve seen how beautiful it is, and relaxing, it really is like one of the perfect places to fall in love.

311 is also one of my favorite bands and their music

is featured on the soundtrack.

When I found out that Adam Sandler actually asked them to remake the Cure’s “Love Song” just for the movie I thought that was so amazing.

This movie is perfect to me, I only wish the ending went into detail a bit more and was a little longer.

50 First Dates

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112908814430731/k2311a0829/8.29.09